It was the last ditch effort on behalf of Michael Jackson’s surviving family members to get restitution for the beloved King of Pop’s untimely death. Concert promoter AEG has been found not liable in his 2009 death. He died from an overdose of the anesthetic propofol in 2009 at the hands of Dr. Conrad Murray who has since been found guilty of involuntary manslaughter for administering the drug nightly in an effort to combat his chronic pain and insomnia. The drug is typically used during surgery.
The Jackson family matriarch, Katherine, was citing negligence on AEG’s part and seeking damages of hundreds of millions of dollars to be issued to she and his three sons: Prince Michael Jackson I, Paris-Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince Michael Jackson II (Blanket).
After five months of testimony, AEG was able to prove to jurors they were unaware of Jackson’s use of propofol. AEG Live’s attorney Marvin Putnam says, “AEG would have never agreed to finance this tour if they knew Mr. Jackson was playing Russian roulette in his bedroom every night.”