White woman who posted racist Trayvon Martin photo reportedly fired from her job

racisttray

Caitlin Cimeno has been fired from job according to reports. Cimeno posted a photo on her Instagram page of two white men portraying Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman for Halloween. One of the males had blackface.

The photos caused outrage online and Cimeno eventually deleted her social media accounts. It was later discovered that Cimeno, William Filene and Greg Cimeno have a history of crime and racism.

Filene, 25, was arrested in July and charged with felony auto theft. He has also been arrested for loitering and failing to register an automobile. Filene is currently on probation for 18 months.

Caitlin Cimeno, who posted the picture on her Instagram account, once berated a black girl on social media who wore a “Black Girls Rock” T-shirt.  Under the photo, Cimeno wrote “First of all, sorry but mommy lied to you and secondly, if I was wearing a short that said ‘white girls rock’ I would be stared at and called a racist cracker.”

Facebook user Stop Blackface on Halloween wrote that a call was made to Caitlin Cimeno’s job to report the incident and her employer revealed that she had been fired.

1. sweethoney on October 31, 2013 at 10:57 am

Good!

2. What's your Function? on October 31, 2013 at 11:16 am

Let’s get this straight.
    When I was young, we had thicker skins than this. Seen lots of buddies parade as white dudes. Racism is one thing. Carrying things to the next level as some limp d!ck motha f*cka just adds fuel to the fire. Let some goofies have their fun. Now we give them a platform and we cry about it. Shame on you all.

• Dee on October 31, 2013 at 7:47 pm

I’m with you. I don’t give a damn about that! Seems like to me, if you hate someone, why do you take so much time and engery to imitate and mock them? makes no sense. If I don’t like something I surely wouldn’t give it my valuable time that I can never get back. Let them look like idiots if they want to. I care about the CEO of the corporation that is racist and not hiring any minorites not these simple minded azz a-holes! Thy gotta get a brain first before I can spar with them!

• Notya Biznes on November 5, 2013 at 2:40 pm

And who do you think grows up to be the racist CEO’s, judges, policemen, etc? If you don’t stand for anything, you certainly will fall for anything. Blackface is not ok, in any form or fashion.

• Danny on November 6, 2013 at 9:20 am

Its not even the black paint, I think most people are outraged by costume depicting someone who was recently killed.

3. remoten on October 31, 2013 at 11:48 am

Pretty soon everybody is going to discover being a racist really is a federal crime and is punishable in all sorts of ways legal and otherwise. As for me; I just pray to wake up one day and history will have recorded and taught the truth about the damages racism has caused and the future damage it will do if not totally wiped from the mouth and mind of people who thrive on it. It’s truly time in this country for healing. But as long as racism and hatred rears it’s ugly head and influences weak minded individuals there will be division of the people. My actual family consists of several races and ethnicity that include White, Blacks, Indian ( both native american and West) Hispanic and others. I may hate their attitudes sometimes but they’re blood of my blood. That means we’re family whether they want to accept it or not and denying each other won’t change the fact that we are. Slavery was suppose to keep the races separated but instead it back fired when white slave owners and their family members started having children with slaves both male and females. Denying what I just said “is not an option!” Just look around. Facial features, voice patterns and body shapes don’t lie.

4. shannon on October 31, 2013 at 3:24 pm

It’s what she deserved. Employers have ethic codes that they abide by. If she was a teacher, officer or any other service employee she would be fired for these antics. So her employer is not wrong at all. she should have thought twice before posting it on a social network. Bet its not so funny now..

5. Dirk Durka on October 31, 2013 at 5:55 pm

“Cimeno, William Filene and Greg Cimeno have a history of crime and racism.” This statement is just plain stupid, and you need to take a logic class. From your own statements, Filene has been charged with one count of theft. Doesn’t say anything about conviction, and one incident is a long way from “a history of crime.” Caitlin has one racist incident on record, which, ya know, she’s probably right that she couldn’t get away with wearing a shirt like that. And you haven’t mentioned Greg’s history at all. Saying that all 3 of them have a “history” of both crime and racism is just irresponsible, and you should punch yourself in the face for posting it.

6. donna dees on October 31, 2013 at 6:43 pm