50 Cent responds to reports he skipped his son’s graduation

50centsonmarquise
A source close to 50 Cent is denying reports that the hip-hop star intentionally missed his son’s high school graduation this week. His son, Marquise Jackson, posted a photo on Facebook Sunday crying in his cap and gown while hugging his mother. He included a caption that slammed his famous father for not being there on his big day.

“Yea, I broke down,” Marquise wrote. “I was really excited to see my pops at my graduation but he never showed up smh. My sister and mama is [sic] always there for me just know that you wasn’t [sic]. I did it without you.”

But according to TMZ, 50 says that he was blocked from attending the ceremony by Marquise’s mother.

Allegedly, 50 has told several friends that Marquise’s mom intentionally withheld the details regarding their son’s graduation ceremony. 50 claims he was never told when or where the graduation ceremony was, or he would have been there.

Marquise attends a private school in Atlanta. 50 Cent pays for the school tuition, according to numerous reports.

50 Cent was in New York City at the time of the graduation this past Sunday. He was attending a charity event.

1. Steelo on May 20, 2014 at 1:54 pm

We all know what we want to know, do what we want to do and be where we want to be.

Weak a** excuse.

• Atlanta Mommy on May 21, 2014 at 9:30 pm

Agreed. If he pays the tuition, then he knows the name of the school. If he knows the name, then he has the phone #. Since he has the #, then there are these new fangled inventions called “Cell Phones”. They allow you to call from anywhere in the world! Baby Mama Drama or not, it was his call in the end.

2. anniethomas on May 20, 2014 at 4:35 pm

I have no doubt that there is some level of Baby MaMa Drama involved, but if he is paying the tuition he should be involved enough to know when graduation was happening.

3. Stayce~Michelle on May 21, 2014 at 10:04 am

….honestly he probably just didn’t want to deal with any of the drama….i don’t blame 50….teenagers can be rude and we all know how bitter baby mama’s can be…..If his son REALLY wanted him to be there he would have picked up the phone…seems to me this kid and his mom just want the relevancy….

• Stayce~Michelle on May 27, 2014 at 11:18 am

uhhh…ok shymugga….

4. Goddess S. on May 23, 2014 at 5:32 pm

His son is the one graduating. You mean to tell me he couldn’t call his own son and get the details??? He’s 50 cent, he probably could have contacted the schools administration himself and got the details. I don’t believe it.

5. yolo on May 24, 2014 at 5:45 am

without his dad, he would be graduating from a public school.

6. kane on May 24, 2014 at 12:38 pm

50 could of called the school and have gotten the info poor excuse. There was no restraining order to keep him away.