Man who claimed to be ‘delivered’ from being gay, assaulted

andrew-Caldwell-bloody

Andrew Caldwell, who became a viral video sensation after his famous “I’m not gay no more, I am delivered” speech at the COGIC conference last year, is in the news again. This time he was the victim of a hate crime in Florissant, Missouri.

Caldwell posted pictures to his Facebook account of the aftermath of a violent unprovoked assault in a strip mall parking lot. Two unidentified men walked up to him and punched him in the face. After the assault, the men fled in a black automobile while taunting him with anti-gay slurs.  As the men drove away they shouted, “I’m not gay no more!”

Caldwell wrote: “Ever since I talked about my deliverance from the sin of homosexuality, I have been receiving threatening messages by email and social media. I fear for my life. I have been physically and verbally attacked. I feel that I will have to do whatever it takes to protect myself.”

1. Shiquita on February 18, 2015 at 11:21 am

What gives them the right to attack this young man? He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone… We are all sinners whom just sin differently. I’m not for the lifestyle or against it but I think those that attack others based on sexual preference are simply struggling with their own insecurities.

2. Jason on February 18, 2015 at 1:52 pm

I wonder if the people who attacked him are gay? Just curious.

• GelpGelpTexuss on February 28, 2015 at 7:48 pm

Cuz that’s what gay people do… attack their own just because they’re still deluded by religion, rather than, ya know, feel sorry for them. BRB, gunna go beat Jack Wu over the head with a sack full of Richard Dawkins books.

3. Shady Jack Jones on February 19, 2015 at 1:49 pm

“I won’t carry no purse no more”, “I will not use make up” LMAO LMAO WTF!” I will date womens…” C’mon Maaaaaan!!! LMAO, this is funny azz hell no matter what you believe….”…women, women, women,wwooommmmaaaaaeeaaaaahhhh! LMAO LMAO LMAO . I AM F*CKIN DONE!! ROFLMAO

• Godisgood on February 19, 2015 at 2:12 pm

Never doubt the power of the Lord!

• Xzamilio on February 19, 2015 at 6:19 pm

Always doubt it… challenge it… demand evidence… don’t just take baseless claims at face value.

4. sugarbutterbean on February 19, 2015 at 2:32 pm

the problem is your not healed it so sad that some people think you can be delievered from gay, thats funny as though someone wanted a big ole joke in church how could church folks go along with this mess , like some one beat the gay out this fool man byye

5. sugarbutterbean on February 19, 2015 at 2:42 pm

being gay is in the mind its not in the actions alone , a person decide the sex is better with the opset sex, thats all it is , the rest is easy you know how to love so why not love your lover , you decide as a man or woman where you want you path to lead, its no joke , you choose to be homosexual, god has nothing to do with healing nobody , if you choose to smoke you can stop on your own , habits are suppose to be sin if you can prosper and live healthy when you smoke your killig your self but miliions of christians go out side the church and smoke even , so how is that delivery from sin? people beat their wives does that make them sinners or just people on the wrong path in life ? if you continue your destructive ways you perish as a sinner with no recourse , sorry , but someone has to tell the truth , gay is just a word a phrase a term its is not in the bible that mean man has no idea of what two of the same gender is doing in bed together is it reeally a sin or did man find another damnation to put on us all , you will go to hell for lieing and cheating on your wife , and oh not combing your children hair or not giving them mik , for robbing an old lady , and for having a same sex love umm sounds like we are just as twisted as those 200 different religions we all say exist , which gives us an excuse to deem many ot hell, if your jehova and im baptist you swear im in the same trouble as a gay man ? how is that ?does god judge me the exact same . or is there two types of hell separtate we go to NO WONDER GAY PEOPLE ,, GETTING MARRIAGE LICENSE AND THINGS WE THOUGH WERE AN ABONINATION OF CHRIST , THEY RAISING CHILDREN AND ALL WHY . .BECAUSE THEY DONT BELIEVE IN OUR BELIEF THAT THEY ARE MORE DEMONIC THAN US . AND SOME OF US ARE WAY MORE VIOLENT CRIMINAL , DEADLY AND JUST WRONG THAN THEY ARE ., THE SKILLET CANT CALL THE KETTLE BLACK

• Samuel Marcus Brown on February 28, 2015 at 6:57 am

Just one question, did you choose your own sexuality? Did you choose to be straight?