It’s America’s Independence Day, so what better way to celebrate than with some quotes and sayings that celebrate the 4th of July, our leaders and what it takes to become a leader from some of our generation’s top leaders, as well as past presidents?
Check out our top 12 best quotes to celebrate the holiday and show us your patriotism by sharing your favorite quote celebrating our “land of the free” in the comment section below.
1. “My dream is of a place and a time where America will once again be seen as the last best hope of earth.” – Abraham Lincoln
2. “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” – Steve Jobs
3. “A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
4. “Leadership is about taking responsibility, not making excuses.” – Mitt Romney
5. “Today a reader, tomorrow a leader.” – Margaret Fuller
6. “Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth.” – George Washington
7. “To succeed, one must be creative and persistent.” – John H. Johnson
8. “People ask the difference between a leader and a boss. The leader leads, and the boss drives.” – Theodore Roosevelt
9. “The speed of the leader is the speed of the gang.” – Mary Kay Ash
10. “You can always count on Americans to do the right thing – after they’ve tried everything else.” – Winston Churchill
11. “If you’re not ready to die for it, put the word ‘freedom’ out of your vocabulary.” – Malcolm X
12. “Where liberty dwells, there is my country.” – Benjamin Franklin