Playing truth or dare, Florida boy shoots girl in head with shotgun

Ra’Mya Eunice (photo provided by family)

Ra’Mya Eunice and her friends were doing kids stuff at a slumber party on April 30, 2017, when a 12-year-old boy went outside and grabbed a weapon hidden beneath the home in Jacksonville, Florida’s, Lackawanna neighborhood. He pointed the shotgun at everyone in the room.

He allegedly aimed the gun at Ra’Mya and according to witnesses made a declaration, “Say I won’t,” according to the affidavit. When a guest replied, “You won’t.” He did. He reportedly squeezed the trigger.

When officers arrived, Ra’Mya had a gunshot wound to the head. She was taken to UF Health Jacksonville. She was taken off life support on May 25 and died.

Her grandmother is taking the loss extremely hard. “If you have a sleepover with several kids, why isn’t there adult supervision in the home?” Terri Eunice questions.

The 12-year-old boy has been charged with manslaughter.

Ra’Mya’s birthday is Dec. 3. She would have been 13.

1. Pamela on October 31, 2017 at 12:46 pm

How do Kids get a hold of these Weapons????
    Whoever this gun belong too, need to go straight to Jail; with this kid.
    This is so crazy”

My prayers are with Ra’Mya family….

• SrAgri on November 1, 2017 at 2:43 pm

Agreed! Whoever allowed the children to have an unsupervised slumber party should join them.

• Pamela on November 1, 2017 at 4:08 pm

Things have change since my kids was young

My daughter and her family lives in Texas,, 90% have ‘Guns” in there home..
        The girls was invited to a slumber party The answer was ‘No” they could go to the birthday party but stay over night NOOOOOOOOO.

The parents of the slumber party should also be held accountable..

• Guest on November 2, 2017 at 1:24 pm

Also seems a little odd that preadolescent 12 year old boys and girls are having sleep overs. Times must have changed drastically since I was that age because that did not happen.

2. Chuck on October 31, 2017 at 1:36 pm

This is crazy and sad. RIP young beautiful lady.

3. SpiceGirl on October 31, 2017 at 2:18 pm

dang shame…..im going to need these children to start being LEADERS and not followers…May this baby girl rest easy…. Question tho….who’s shot gun was it?? (grabbed a weapon hidden beneath the home)

4. WELOVEUSELENA on October 31, 2017 at 8:54 pm

SAD, R.I.P. RA’MYA….THE ADULT OR WHOMEVER OWNED THE GUN SHOULD BE THROWN IN JAIL WITH THE LIL PUNK (KID) & THAT KID SHOULD BE CHARGED WITH MURDER & NOT MANSLAUGHTER BECAUSE AT 12 YRS OLD, YOU KNOW RIGHT FROM WRONG!!!!

5. Kyle Powell on November 3, 2017 at 6:20 am

How did that child get a shotgun! He must be punished, but why did he kill her in the first place and it is a black child. Am not sure if the boy is b or w but if he was W (which stands for white) I would hunt him down and kill his best friend who is white. Not saying I am going to do it but that is my dream for tonight can’t wait to sleep bitch here I come in my dream.