Up your fashion game and buy Black this Black Friday, Besida knows style
Besida is an AfrocenChic online boutique with original designs all handmade in Nigeria. They offer the chicest AfrocenChic styles for women with style and class – sass.
Owner and CEO Sophia O notes, “When you think of the African nation Nigeria, what images pop in your mind? If you’ve never visited ‘Africa’s Giant’ (i.e. Nigeria) then your psyche has been influenced by media portrayal: poor, corrupt, violent, etc. Yes those attributes are true, but is there any place on earth without these flaws? There’s beauty, wealth, and growth flowing through the rivers and marching on the land of Nigeria. We’re here to show you that, yes, with clothes.”
She continues, “We are a socially conscious company with a living wage standard of all of our manufactures, and a mission to manufacture with respect to the local environment by building a solar-powered mini-factory in Benin, Nigeria in 2018. We are a minority- and female-owned business.”
From the cowl neck dress and the kaftan to the cape poncho and the two-piece pant suit, Besida has an array of selections ranging from $24.99-$169.99, and sizes from S-XXL.
Here are some fast facts about Besida.
It is named after Itsekiri tribe of southern Nigeria meaning “as destiny decides/dictates”
1. Female name from the Itsekiri tribe of southern Nigeria meaning “as destiny decides/dictates”
2. All clothes are ‘Made in Nigeria.’
3. The tailors in Benin City, Edo State, are skilled, trained, and trend-setting.
4. The vibrant fabrics they use are called Ankara, which is unique to most west African nations.
5. The clothes are made of 100% cotton.