Looking for exciting and fun things to do in Detroit for NYE? Well, we’ve got options.
Maybe you’re a native Detroit resident, or maybe you’re simply in town visiting. Whatever the case may be, if you’re in Detroit for NYE, then you’re in for a treat. This winter, Detroit has been transformed into a wintery oasis where you can shop, eat and play. We’re talking about shopping at uniquely-styled pop-up markets; or eating at tons of new restaurants including a seasonal Biergarten, a rotating lineup of exciting food trucks and several specialty food markets; and/or playing at several popular spots, including Campus Martius Park where you can go ice skating, or Cadillac Lodge where you can relax and kick up your feet up inside the rustic-style lodge, or take a horse-drawn carriage to Spirit Plaza where you can duck into one of the igloo-styled huts. Yes, there are actually igloo’s located in downtown Detroit. Crazy, right? Well, it’s all here for you and thanks in part to Bedrock Detroit and Quicken Loans, here are several options for you to choose from to make your NYE 2017 in Detroit one to remember!
Sunday, December 31, 2017: Winter in Detroit NYE Activities/Events
48th Annual Bell Isle New Years Eve Family Fun Run & Walk
- 3:30 pm: Children’s Fun Run and Open Fun Run
- 4:00 pm: 5K Run and 5K Racewalk/Fitness Walk
The Motor City NYE Drop 2018 at Beacon Park
- 4:00 pm – 1:00 am: The family-friendly party that’s too big for any ballroom has something for everyone. With mega-heated structures and two VIP countdown celebrations, you’re sure to find something of interest. There will be free family activities including face-painting and kids karaoke from 4-7pm, live entertainment on three stages, bonfire pits, and so much more. This just may be the event for you.
Cheers to a New Year at the Detroit Foundation Hotel
- 6:30 pm – 11:59 pm: Enjoy NYE at the Detroit Foundation Hotel’s New Years Eve Gala. The Gala includes a 9-course communal tasting menu, complimentary champagne toast and access to their lounge.
NYE Resolution Ball 2018 at the Fillmore
- 8:00 pm: Purported to be the largest and most exclusive annual NYE party in Detroit and the Midwest, this sounds like one event you don’t want to miss
Motor City Gala at the Antheneum Suite Hotel
- 8:30 pm – 4:00 am: Say goodbye to 2017 at downtown Detroit’s newest luxury NYE experience, the Motor City Gala located at the exclusive Antheneum Hotel in Greektown. Evening chic and “NYE Hot” is the recommended attire for this sophisticated gala, so it’s best that you come dressed to impressed.
New Year’s Eve at the Wright & Co.
- 9:00 pm – 2:00 am: New Orleans’ in Detroit is the theme for this lively cocktail party at the beautiful Wright & Company. Special music from music artist Nicole New will be performed live, as well as a special New Orleans’ inspired small-plates menu, will be featured. Champagne toast at midnight.
DSO New Year’s Eve Concert at the Max M. Fisher Music Center
- 10:00 pm – 12:00 am: Featuring the music of Michael Jackson, from his early years with the Jackson 5, to his mega-hit album Thriller and so much more, the DSO and conductor Brent Havens is bringing the heat. Performer James Delisco will be delivering a rare combination of vocals and athletic dance moves as he relives each era of Michael Jackson’s highly celebrated career. This is one performance that will be worth your dollars.
Stay up to speed on all the exciting happenings going on downtown Detroit this winter by following @WinterInDetroit on IG, Twitter and Facebook.
Photo Gallery Credit: www.WinterInDetroit.com