When Tiger Woods blew away the sports world with his instantly-classic, heart-palpitating victory on golf’s biggest stage, The Masters at Augusta, Woods immediately bear-hugged his family members and then dropped a kiss on the lips of an obscure female.
Immediately, pop culture’s ears shot straight up. Who is Erica Herman, how did she meet one of the world’s most electrifying athletes, and how long have they been dating?
Here are a few facts, courtesy of golf.com and TMZ:
- She is the former general manager of Woods’ Florida restaurant, The Woods Jupiter, which opened in 2015. Not shockingly, she has not worked at the restaurant since February, according to TMZ.
2. The two have been dating for two years, back to the time when Woods had just emerged from yet another back surgery and could barely walk or sit without pain. Herman, 33, has been linked romantically to Woods, 43, since the fall of 2017 when she followed the golfer during the President’s Cup when he served as captain’s assistant, golf.com states.
3. Not nearly as many people paid attention when Herman kissed Woods after the PGA Championship last fall as Woods wound up in second place.
Herman was also seen in attendance alongside the 15-time major champion when he finally broke his decade-long winning drought at the Tour Championship last September. Herman was then seen accompanying Woods to the 2018 Ryder Cup and the Hero World Challenge, golf.com reports.
4. Off the golf course, Woods and Herman have become inseparable. The couple attended last summer’s Wimbledon tournament to watch Serena Williams and later popped up at the World Series game last October, golf.com stated.
5. Not surprisingly, Herman is registered as a Republican in the state of Florida, according to The Metro. Woods is renowned for his conservative leanings and is a golfing buddy of the current president of the United States.
Herman is Woods’ third known girlfriend since his divorce from Erin Nordegren, the mother of Woods’ two children.
Woods divorced Nordegren in 2010 after a revelation of dozens of extramarital affairs. He famously dated Olympic skier Lindsey Vonn starting in 2012. They split in 2015. He dated Kristin Smith from 2015-2017.
Social media has taken great interest in Woods new love life. Below, a spectator captured Herman being comfortable enough to pat him on his backside twice after receiving a kiss from the legendary golfer in August 2018.
Tiger gets the ole kiss on the lips and a good game before turning in his scorecard…
"Wow. That was fun to watch." pic.twitter.com/VOpWIfbmNW
— Daren Stoltzfus (@DarenStoltzfus) August 12, 2018
— Dave Young (@daveyoung84) August 12, 2018