Entertainment » Hall of Fame athletes turned businesspeople

Hall of Fame athletes turned businesspeople

sportsbiz, OSCAR-DE-LA-HOYA-GOLDEN-BOY-1024x585-530x317They are all hall of fame athletes in their respective sports. And they’ve earned hall of fame candidacies for their business savvy in their off the field careers.

Take a look at the biggest athletes turned entrepreneurs.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

1. Josi on March 24, 2013 at 4:29 pm

There is a mistake in the link to the site at the end of the story. Ms. Greene you have fuencr instead of fluencr.

2. Bunghal on March 24, 2013 at 8:53 pm

Urinating out a window!That’s classic!Urinating into mail slots is pretty happening,too!LOL

3. Schreibogirl on March 24, 2013 at 8:56 pm

given the outcomes of his life – 3 ex-wives, a drug overdose child, and this kid – maybe it was Sasson and not everyone else. You reap what you sow.

• Seymour on March 24, 2013 at 9:07 pm

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing – given the rest of the family, it sounds like maybe some of the problems were related to him. And the fact that he says he walked away from his son is pretty telling. As a parent, I don’t think you ever stop trying.

• LindaD on March 24, 2013 at 9:12 pm

No matter what you never “walk away” from your children!! Just shows what kind of dad he really was.

• Rick on March 24, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Agreed. 2+2=4. Mr. Sasson must have not been very good with math.

4. Bobbie Zahorodnij on March 24, 2013 at 9:13 pm

He also had another son named Elan Sassoon but there is no mention of him!

5. Kitty Brown on March 24, 2013 at 9:14 pm

she better watch her back, I bet david comes after her to get revenge.

6. Rick on March 24, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Could he have considered that the one common denominator in his children’s lives was him? I understand, as a parent, a child will choose to do what they will. But, one child dead from drugs, another child who also was acting out to the point of being disinherited, multiple failed marriages for the father…sounds to me like these kids were brought up around a ton of money, a ton of celebrity parties, a ton of poor relationships, then held accountable for the behavior they were taught.

Shame on the parents. Perhaps the son is better off in life without the temptation of money.

7. cynycyl on March 24, 2013 at 9:23 pm

You don’t walk away from your CHILD. So they might be difficult, life isn’t easy. You love your family. They are your FAMILY. Set up a trust if you think he is unreliable, make it so he’s secure but it can’t be blown by him and his offspring can inherit the trust as well and hopefully improve. You don’t cut them loose. What he wrote about his son being “dead” to him, more or less, the cutting out of wives, he sounds like a cold and petty man. I would like to think his surviving daughter will be reasonable and make sure his family is taken care of. I don’t think all these wives and his son were the problem, I think it was him.

• kdrn on February 7, 2015 at 11:27 pm

Unless he’s black and dissolute.

8. Ben IncaHutz on March 24, 2013 at 9:31 pm

Its obvious this guy was a piss poor father. No pun intended.

‘There’s a certain point in my character where if I feel a situation is hopeless – walk away.’ . . . .this means that he was a loser that gave up on his family. Just pathetic.

9. Linda Chudej on March 24, 2013 at 9:34 pm

Lucky Catya! I hope she’s level-headed and lives a good life. Adopted kids are a crap shoot–you never know what you’ll get. Sometimes parents of adopted kids know how to handle the problems and sometimes they don’t. I’ve experienced being a sibling to an adopted child and a grandmother to a child who was put up for adoptopm and neither child gave their adoptive parents joy for very long.