Pebbles reignited the flames of hate between herself and TLC when she went on the “Wendy Williams” show to nurse her battered image back to health in the wake of the “CrazySexyCool” movie on VH1 that painted her as a ruthless pimp.
During the exclusive interview, which was her first since the movie came out last month, Pebbles said the following:
- She came up with the name TLC and was the visionary behind all of the group’s looks;
- That TLC kicked Chilli out of the group, not her;
- That she did not treat TLC unfairly nor did she steal from the record-breaking trio;
- That the group members asked for the Rav4 cars as partial compensation for the millions of records they sold for Pebbles, LaFace Records and the Arista label.
- And that she believed that Chilli has sexual relations with her then-husband, music mogul L.A. Reid.
More specifically, Pebbles seemed to corroborate the scathing accounts of her daughter, Ashley Reid, who said Chilli was an industry whore:
If she believes Chilli was sleeping with L.A. Reid:
“Absolutely. I didn’t know. I suspected a couple of things, but I didn’t want to believe that. And for years, I didn’t want to believe that because I felt like they were daughters to me. I am going to write my book and put it in there [why I believe Chilli was sleeping with L.A.], but believe me when I say, I saw a couple of things.
If Left Eye and T-Boz knew about the affair:
“I believe so.”
On if the affair was ongoing:
“Chile, you gon’ have to ask them. All I know is what it produced.”
Not surprisingly, Twitter exploded with opinions — mostly in defense of TLC and against Pebbles — and Chilli and bandmate T-Boz also used the social media platform to share their feelings about Pebbles, without referring to her specifically: