Chastity Garner is changing the perception of ‘fatshion’

Chastity Garner

Chastity Garner is a Southern belle with a flair for fashion. This Georgia Peach is so stylish that many flock to her blog for the latest in “fatshion.” Yes, you read that right. Garner is a full-figured woman with impeccable style.

Garner Style

Like any fashionista with a well-developed sense of style, Garner mixes both high-end and affordable clothing options to create show-stopping looks. She encourages plus-size and curvy women to embrace their figures, and not fear wearingbright colors or patterns.

“It’s all about knowing what you have and [are] working with,” she says.

There is only one thing Garner suggests fearing: leaving the house without your shape wear!

“I got my base fashion rules from my mom. I have always been very bottom heavy and she didn’t want me to jiggle so I would wear support pantyhose. … Now I don’t leave the house without my shape wear,” she says.

Growing up, Garner mastered the art of style within the confines of the limited “grandma” section of plus-size clothing, styling men’s polos and carpenter jeans that fit her frame. “By high school the teasing stopped, I was athletic and played sports. I was in that category of teenager,” she says.

Even though her mother encouraged dieting from an early age, Garner never felt like she wasn’t beautiful because of her curvaceous shape. “My mom and dad always told us we were beautiful. People told us that we were beautiful all the time. It was like, I’m pretty but I have this other thing on the side.

“On my 25th birthday I looked at myself and said this is what you’ve looked like your whole life, it’s not going to change. I accepted it, bigger or smaller, this is [me],” she says.

Garner proves that being “fat” doesn’t and shouldn’t relegate you to the corner. Style is an expression of how you feel, not of what other people think of you.

You can find fashion tips, “celebrity style captures,” and where to find the perfect “fatkini” on her blog, GarnerStyle | The Curvy Girl Guide.

Twitter: @GarnerStyle

Instagram: @GarnerStyle

1. thriftyglamchick on June 3, 2014 at 3:20 pm

WOW!!! She look AMAZING….SIZE and ALL!!!!

2. Jeniese Hosey on June 3, 2014 at 3:22 pm

Chastity is an amazing blogger! I love her style and her helpful hints on fashion! I am so glad that you guys spotlighted her! She is absolutely right! We don’t have to relegate ourselves to the corner! We can shop freely and look outside of the box!!! Love it Chastity!!!

3. Lil Yve on June 3, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Butter Bean just shutup now would you…no one cares about your tired tirade…shes being features, shes married to a doctor, shes a jet setter and you just here wining like a lil b*tch till thy kingdom come. Girl go get some ice cream.

• Shainna Tucker on June 3, 2014 at 8:41 pm

no ice cream is junk food, so might melt if she puts such toxins in her body lol

• lou on June 4, 2014 at 4:40 pm

shut up boch she knows something about health you bitter hos know nothing about , so if she want to put some lazy unhealthy black folks in their place she dam sure got my VOTE!

4. Eat.Style.Play on June 3, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Wow Butter Bean, you have way too much time on your hands to type this rant. How about you let us Fat Girl be, and you invest in a grammar book since you see to be so concerned about how we spend our time eating “candy, cakes, and pies”, which most of us don’t. Your perception of a womans body, and how we are all supposed to conform to “skinny” is flawed. Woman come in all shapes and sizes, big legs, big hips, small chest, whatever. I know you’re clearly trolling though. So lets hope folks focus on how this woman, and many like her don’t need to conform to your ideals. You’re not spewing anything that we haven’t heard already.

• lou on June 4, 2014 at 4:42 pm

SHUT UP FAT BITCH AND GET A DOCTORS APPOINTMENT BEFORE YOUR ASS DROP DEAD OF IGNORANCE ON THE BRAIN LMAO
      and get that donut from stuffed between your arm pitts and that ham sandwich out your big ass crack drama queen ho

5. fantadiallo on June 3, 2014 at 3:25 pm

Please get a life..ur rambling like you have mental issues.

• butter bean sugar on June 3, 2014 at 8:13 pm

YOU MUST BE A PIGGY

• lou on June 4, 2014 at 4:25 pm

im rollin with butter sugar on this one to many people dieing of heart disease today to be glamorizing fat and saying it looks good on anyone you females need to take care of your fat no man will marry no cow

• lou on June 5, 2014 at 2:52 pm

no she is stating facts im glad someone can keep it real on line .
      big is not in nor is it a fashion statement, people need to eat right and stop smoking and stuffing their faces with junk.
      thanks butter bean for that well thought out blog i enjoyed it i sent it to my coworker, only people that oppose to what she wrote was people who struggle with weight or has buried a family member who was obese, or someone who has one foot in their grave , im a man and i do not want no female over weight i don’t care what she is wearing or how flawless her makeup is fat is just obese . period to many gyms you can join to live like that home girl in the article is cute but her weight overshadows all else

• lou on June 9, 2014 at 2:06 am

i like what she said she sound credable to me hah look like she bought out all the fat over weight eater who can not for the life of them hear criticism even if its not even directed to you but if the shoe fits sweet please wear it is all i can say maybe her big ass shoe fits you too

6. besurisis on June 3, 2014 at 3:25 pm

Misspelled words, poor grammar and stupidity.

• Eat.Style.Play on June 3, 2014 at 3:35 pm

Exactly, “holsom” …oh okay sis.

• butter bean sugar on June 3, 2014 at 8:46 pm

you are so stupid , i bet your half dead from all the food you consume , mostly fats and sugar , i bet your suffering from depression , or something cause only the people with obesity issues and health problems will get mad or try to be funny lol .. i love it ,cause i may be saving one life a lot of people read this and liked it they , feel they can change somethings ,and live longer but a narcassitic social pathe will think its me thats ignorant lmao wink

• Eat.Style.Play on June 4, 2014 at 5:45 pm

>_> I see you fixed that grammar though. (All the winks in the world) back at you honey.

7. Moe on June 3, 2014 at 3:36 pm

How do you even know she eats all the stuff you mentioned? are you her doctor? I know overweight people who don’t eat any of the things you mentioned, and they get a clean bill of healthy at every check up.

Just because people are comfortable with the skin their in, doesn’t mean they’re promoting obesity. I’m overweight, but it’s not because I eat bad food, it’s because I consume more calories (from wholesome foods btw) than I burn off and I don’t get enough exercise. But guess what, I also don’t have any illnesses and the only reason i stayed at a steady 205 is because I don’t eat crap. I know how to lose weight because I’ve done it. And when I’m ready to, i’ll do it again. Until then, i’m going to indulge on all the homemade goodies my father who is a chef makes, and not feel not one ounce of guilt about it.

Don’t pretend to know the lives of other people. You aren’t her doctor or her dietitian. If other people are comfortable with who they are and how they look, then more power to them.

• butter bean sugar on June 3, 2014 at 8:18 pm

YOU ARE THE CLASSIC EXAMPLE OF WHAT I MEAN SOME PEOPLE ARE FULL OF EXCUSES AND NO SOLUTION … you can rant all you want , i didnt write this to get a standing ovation or a cheer .. its just the gd truth SWOLLOW IT LIKE DO YOUR JUNK FOODS … you may not get full of shit but you will be alive

• Moe on June 4, 2014 at 12:20 pm

I don’t eat junk food sweet heart, and I’m not making excuses. Did you even read anything that I said? I said I know why I’m overweight and I lost weight before, and when I’m ready to lose weight again…I will. I know how I got overweight, wasn’t like I woke up in the morning and the fat was there. I also know what I need to do to change it, but I don’t want to right now…I will at some point just as I have before, but I also have the right to do what the hell I want to do. That’s not promoting obesity or making excuses. That’s being a grown up and doing whatever I desire!

BTW, no one is ranting. I think you won the rant queen title of this comments section. I bid you a good day.

Also, it’s spelled SWALLOW.

8. Shainna Tucker on June 3, 2014 at 4:13 pm

sooooo you wrote that whole novel of a response why? Chasity is not worrying about you. lol Like you sound real upset, it’s quite comical, cause I know you wouldn’t never say a fraction of this foolishness to her face.

But it’s cool, you’re secretly upset that you aren’t & can’t be as effortlessly beautiful as her. We understand. Even if she was unhealthy, I fail to realize how that’s any of your concern.

But I guess it’s just easier to be a troll. Oh & her husband loves her for who she is. Stay pressed hun! lol

• grownandcurvywoman on June 3, 2014 at 4:22 pm

DITTO!

• monique on June 3, 2014 at 5:58 pm

Yes Gawd… That was enough shade to cool a village!

• butter bean sugar on June 3, 2014 at 8:24 pm

honey do you see my picture , im a perfect 1o, and im healty i have no problem getting a man to committe been happily married for years and kids are healty , this big girl is just that a walking billboard for our children to model after NO THANKS .. MICHELLE OBAMA IS IN OUR SCHOOLS NOW CHANGING THE JUNK FOOD THEY BEEN FEEDING KIDS . WHY// ??? SO in their 20s and 30s they want be taken by macdonalds and wendy , to lazy to cook healthy foods ,, i struck a nerve IM GLAD LISTENING TO ALL THE IGNORANT COMMENTS … LOL .. NOW MAY YOU TOO WILL GO EMPTY THAT MESS OUT YOUR CABINETS AN LIVE LONGER THAN YOU ARE GOING TO . IF YOU DONT CHANGE YOUR PLANN ON EATING … YOU CANT THINK CAUSE IT SMELL AND TASTE GREAT … DUNKIN DOUNUTS IS GOOD FOR YOU ,, POTATOE CHIPS ARE GREAT ,, FAST FOOD IS FABULOUS ..you have to read on all the chemicals going in your body .. . yes im an advocate for eating right .. like some people are angry over capital punishment , im angry over doctors lieing to us ,, and food chains poisoning our families

so shut up and live .. i mean really live like you were born to do ..

• Shainna Tucker on June 3, 2014 at 8:37 pm

What does your picture have to do with anything? (if that’s even your picture.) Actually I should probably call Nev lol I don’t see how that’s even relevant. I doubt very much you’ve been married cause with a nasty attitude like yours, I don’t who would want to wake up to you everyday. But if by some stroke of luck you are married, more power to your husband.

You’re not perfect, you’re human, you need to check that ego at the door ma’am.

You’re absolutely allowed to disagree with something and be passionate about. However you being nasty, rude, and disrespectful to a woman that you don’t even know is uncalled for. You win more bees with honey that vinegar, your whole point was lost in the fact you were being rude & straight up nasty. There is a way to say things without being nasty. I pray you never have daughter cause she won’t have a very good role model in you when it comes to being respectful to others.

You want to change people’s eating habits, how about you start campaigning to teach kids better eating, how about you help offset the cost for healthy that some folk may not be able to afford. How about you create a program to help teach adults different ways to eat better. cause right now you’re a part of the problem.

And next time, please use spell/grammar check, cause you’re killing me here.

#beblessed

• Moe on June 4, 2014 at 12:23 pm

who needs spelling and grammar when you are a perfect 10? HELLO?!!!

*Sarcasm*

• lou on June 4, 2014 at 4:31 pm

i hope that aint yo real photo up there cause you look a dam mess girlfriend

• Moe on June 4, 2014 at 5:57 pm

Says the person with no photo period. Girl, bye.

• lou on June 4, 2014 at 4:30 pm

how bout you shut up fat so she is right every thing she said makes perfect since , so you need to make sure your own family want be on the death row list lol

• Shainna Tucker on June 4, 2014 at 5:29 pm

wow! you are pressed! it’s quite comical though really. My family is doing just fine, thanks for the concern though lol

#beblessed

• Moe on June 4, 2014 at 5:59 pm

Be blessed ain’t enough. They need an anointing. LOL Butter beans got herself a minion. That’s so cute…LMAO

• Shainna Tucker on June 4, 2014 at 8:57 pm

lol Girl that’s probably butter catfishing. Over there trying to make it seem like she has allies. I can’t deal with these online wannabe doctors. #hilarious

• Moe on June 5, 2014 at 1:07 am

LMAO! They have a PhD in WebMD.

• lou on June 4, 2014 at 4:28 pm

UPSET? ABOUT WHAT ? PEOPLE WHO THINK BEING FAT IS A FASHION STATEMENT ? HAHHH YHO NEED YOUR MORAL COMPASS CHECKED FOR RUST AROUND IT .. SINCE YOU DONT USE IT VERY OFTEN

• Shainna Tucker on June 4, 2014 at 5:25 pm

oh snap! Butter has a friend lol or maybe it’s her with a different name. Obviously you’re the upset one SINCE YOU LIKE TO WRITE IN ALL CAPS lol

My morals are just fine hun. I don’t see how that is relevant to the conversation at hand.

Nice of you to join the conversation though!

• lou on June 5, 2014 at 2:58 pm

i have a male prospective on this issue my sister died of obesity related illness., and i understand the writer comment and concern why all you hateing bitches want to down play medical fact? and how do you know that butter is not in the medical field? she could be a personal trainer , or herbologist ? she does make since iam a vegan and the reason i became one is due to all my family is dieing around me with various health issues .
          so say what you want she is right in my eyes peace

• Shainna Tucker on June 5, 2014 at 3:37 pm

Wait so we’re hating cause we’re defending Chasity & all plus size women. How does that work? lol -____- Lou…if that’s your real name, you’re busy kissing butter’s online behind…that’s hardly a perspective my friend. Butter has yet to speak actual facts, all she’s doing is spewing her opinion through bad spelling & bad grammar. If she was a medial professional, she would have said so, and would have some level of decorum and respect, because that’s what real professionals do. Take your fake sob story somewhere else.

9. grownandcurvywoman on June 3, 2014 at 4:23 pm

Haters are gonna hate…SMH

• lou on June 4, 2014 at 4:48 pm

what is there for her to hate on? did you see the size of that woman stretching in that white two piece, that was flattering to you ? you aint no man oviously sweety cause that woman look like a circus act to me butter was right , im plus size too but i will not allow myself to get that big im a man and i care bout my image, women should do the same, someone who printed that article is oviously over weight and big as chasity is, big people dont get a pass for that sorry

10. monique on June 3, 2014 at 5:48 pm

Girl bye! Fat people already know that they are fat!

• butter bean sugar on June 3, 2014 at 8:31 pm

we who/ ? if your not obese and eating all this junk then stay out this comment . this was said to all the people who think they are hiding something by putting on a pretty peice of fabric and some mack makup.. and calling themselves fly … its a crisis in this country .so im not shutting up .. just like some protest CAPITAL PUNISHMENT AND EXECUTIONS .. I ADVOCATE LIKE MICHELLE OBAMA .. HELL WE KNOW OUR KIDS EAT LIKE PIGS , JUNK AND JUNK .. AND MOST OF OUR CHILDREN GET OUT OF SCHOOL AND BE OBESE BY THE TIME THE TURN 20 S OK .. SO YOU GO TELL MICHELLE OBAM TO SHUT UP ??? AND MINE HER BUSINESS ,and see what you get / ? you too need to eat right dont matter if your small even your gonna be told by some dr you got diabetes or cancer even …. . or brain tumors , why cause you eating poison out of cans , tuna , white breads ,sodas , burgers from anywhere and fried chicken in saturated fat oils .. lol . so you better read cause your own moma and aunts probably big and sick while you talking ..
      so what your moma die from ..is she big and fat >? what do you put in your mouth daily sister while ya talking .. this is all about living longer ? a 32 year old woman dropp dead on her job over obesity , she was at her desk slumped over dead , , doctors said to much fat on her heart , and diabetes complication ,, she didnt even know she had diabetes … so thats what i mean …. we dont care till the coroner arrives … lol

• LOLA on June 4, 2014 at 12:25 am

You have no reason to compare yourself with the First Lady Mrs. Obama. She’s being educational and caring in her fight against obesity. You’re being cold, belligerent, and ignorant. Instead of fighting obeseity you’re insulting obese people and there’s a difference between fighting an ailment and just being plain mean trying to make others feel bad. You look very pretty from your photo, but you’re personality is hideous. You also shouldn’t talk about people’s mother’s dying that’s immature and hitting below the belt we all love our mothers, you’ve gone too far. With that I’m done, God bless and bye.

• monique on June 4, 2014 at 10:24 am

Thank you!

• lou on June 4, 2014 at 4:36 pm

i did not read anywhere that she offended anyones mother you hateful females need to find jesus and put down the cheese burgers thats why black females cant find husbands , they cant be real friends with each other and be up front, always looking for someone who is worst off than you are , that lady is obese she oviously need help are someone to tell the truth hopfully she will read what butter sugar had to say, your negative belief is probably what you teach your own children lady, more than likely you got 7 health issues your dam self peace

11. Li Dao on June 4, 2014 at 12:08 am

I’m sorry, but I think what you’re saying is true. It comes off as harsh but is genuine.

• lou on June 4, 2014 at 4:37 pm

i also like what she said , sometimes tough love is all they will listen to how do anyone know that what butter sugar wrote could save a life ? these hos is so ignorant

12. LOLA on June 4, 2014 at 12:19 am

She never said her mother tried to promote good health, she said her mother “encouraged dieting from an early age” ,which is very different than promoting good health. You’re clearly missing the point of this entire article she never for one minute encouraged any woman to be fat. She’s simply encouraging women to love themselves and take pride in themselves at any stature. You’re very arrogant and come off as quite high/mighty. Your tone suggest that just because a woman is big/fat/obese etc that she should just curl up in a ball and die. No, we have the right to feel beautiful, look beautiful, and be beautiful…no matter what you think. We are still women and it’s not up to you to bash someone just because you disagree. You can be thin, slim, etc and still be unhealthy.

13. Mai Ling on June 4, 2014 at 9:19 am

I took the time to read the article. I enjoyed it. I also enjoyed Butter Beans article as well because she stated all the risks of being overweight and obese. Her grammar or spelling bothered me but the key to language is understanding. I understood fully everything she was saying even when she spelled wholesome as “holsom”. I am a plus-sized woman and I enjoy looking cute and stylish at this size but only temporarily because who wants to stay fat? I think that Chastity is an attractive woman and exudes some confidence but I do not think she wears the most flattering clothes and styles. I know I may be called a “hater” for voicing my opinion and that’s ok.

14. Azrael on June 4, 2014 at 2:10 pm

I love fashion and I think Chastity dresses well for her body, I’ve seen way too many plus size women in my neighborhood dress in clothes that don’t compliment them at all. When I went from 125 lbs to 170 lbs I couldn’t get away with tight clothing and horizontal striped outfits, I had to adapt to a new style that complimented my new body til I finally got back down to 130 lbs. Also, I wanna say just because someone is plus size doesn’t always mean they eat unhealthy foods or not in good health, I’m trying to get into modeling and I workout alot nowadays but I eat alot of junk food but if you saw me you wouldn’t think I didn’t, don’t judge a person on their looks, looks can DEFINITELY be deceiving.

• lou on June 4, 2014 at 4:51 pm

if that picture of her in that white two piece was decieving i sure hate to see anything real, im a man and i swear that look hideous to me, if a smaller girl wore that, that would be appropriate, some outfitts were not mean’t for a big woman to wear, horizontal striped or what ever chasitity need to lose weight then model for someone . plus size is one thing obese is a whole nother story peace

• Azrael on June 4, 2014 at 5:11 pm

What I meant about looks can be deceiving was about health because I’ve known people who looked healthy but had health issues and people who looked unhealthy but did not have health issues, I didnt actually see the second picture of her very closely only the first one, but I agree the second picture would look better on a woman with a smaller frame toned body but she rocked it better than some women I’ve seen who are around her size in my neighboorhood literally lol

15. lou on June 4, 2014 at 4:23 pm

butter you sure made somebody madd but someone need to tell the truth black females, are getting really out of hand, no one wants to accept responsiblity for the health issues with black people everyone want to cook chiltlin and go to the nearest buffet to down a bunch of high cholesteral high fat high calorie junk that will eventually take your life ;, im sure this lady meant well she said it in a harsh manner where most people do not want to accept the truth, the woman in the picture is young she will learn by the time she in her 40s that you can not eat like that and look like that and conciously say your ok with it ., its truely a lie god bless her for her efford

16. Debbie Harper on June 4, 2014 at 7:16 pm

Be nice people. Remember everyone has feelings. Lets remedy the situation with education. Your right we have eaten our way into obesity with our western diet. Nothing wrong with this girls expression of pride in her looks is there? Don’t be so cruel be kind. Obesity is ensuring our children don’t live as long as the adults of today, Soooo people spread the word. FRESH IS BEST FORGET THE REST. Which means eat only fresh fruit and vegetables. Fresh meat. Whole grains only. Nothing pre-packaged. That’s a good start. And you grammar critics, shut up LOL

• lou on June 5, 2014 at 3:07 pm

yes i totally agree with you debbie , all the grammer critics are so stupid, this is how they express the opposition of what butter said , she was harsh for sure but real precise about the issues with obesity, she should be a writer spelling errors we all make them thats not a big deal, the point is i am tired of seeing black people eat badly and lie about what they eating , some of these women believe they are eating all the right stuff, and know that they will die young if they dont try to change their habits . now days you have to make sure your partner has not got hiv, how easy is that? another questing game women play just like black women will sleep with a man and not demand he is tested they give the same amount of work to checking to make sure the food they eat is not poison or filled with high saturated fats that just like hiv will eventually kill you

17. Debbie Harper on June 5, 2014 at 4:34 pm

There is a documentary called FED UP by Katie Couric to be released in the states soon on the subject of the food we eat. I think it is going to be a must see for all westerners. Its an issue we all have to deal with and perhaps people will listen because its our children who will really suffer from our bad eating habits. Anyway what I really LOVE about this site is they are really getting people talking and that’s awesome.

18. cupcake baby on June 20, 2014 at 7:01 pm

IF ANYONE WANT TO KEEP IT REAL PLEASE ENCOURAGE KIDS TO NOT GET THIS BIG AS THIS WOMAN AND WEAR CLOTHES THAT IS UNFLATTERING TO HER TRUE BODY

19. Deborah Kleszczewski on November 17, 2014 at 12:46 pm

It’s not “promotion” …(WHICH YOU MISSPELLED) it’s about being able to dress well! People who are larger than you need to dress also! Good for you with your ‘natural’ diet! I see people all the time who eat ‘natural’…they are not as healthy as you think! Because ‘skinny does not equal healthy’!!! Stop trying to put your hang up off as being worried that ‘obesity’ is being promoted! Of course obese people know they would be better off to lose a few pounds, do you think they don’t have mirrors? Do you think they haven’t tried every stinking diet under the sun?!!! And after fighting battles you know nothing about!!! they have embraced trying to look as good as possible and have some confidence instead of ‘head-hanging’ due to people like you!

20. butterbeanbabe on November 17, 2014 at 7:24 pm

complete piggy.. and the poster child for the underline issue of all our black folks filling up the cemetarys