On Tuesday, July 15, MARTA trains will operate a special event service to accommodate the expected increase in ridership for the Jay-Z and Beyoncé concert at the Georgia Dome. MARTA encourages customers to plan their trips accordingly in anticipation of the concert crowds and evening rush hour traffic.
Due to the removal of thousands of parking spaces, road closures and construction, all related to the new stadium project, and evening rush hour traffic, concertgoers are urged to take MARTA to enjoy the night’s festivities. Additional MARTA staff, including MARTA police officers, will be on hand to assist customers.
What to expect when riding MARTA during the affected service time:
· All Red Line trains will run through to the Airport, rather than turning around at Lindbergh Center Station at 9 p.m., for the duration of rail service.
· There will be more frequent service on all rail lines.
· Bus Routes 1 and 51 will experience significant delays beginning at 5 p.m. due to concert traffic and road closures.
· Service frequency will be adjusted as needed to ensure MARTA riders safely reach their destination.
· In order to minimize crowding at the stations, customers are being asked to board the trains in the middle of the platform, not just at the ends.
Due to the large crowds that are expected, customers are advised to purchase a round-trip fare at the beginning of their trip to avoid long lines on the return. In addition to using the station Breeze machines, concertgoers may purchase a round-trip Breeze pass for only $2.50 each way (plus a $1 charge for a permanent Breeze card), using cash or credit/debit cards, at all end of the line stations beginning at 4 p.m. on Tuesday, July 15.
Delays are possible. For real-time train and bus arrivals, download the MARTA “On The Go” mobile app, available on iPhone and Android. For more information, call Customer Service at 404-848-5000.