With just hours before the 87th Annual Academy Awards kicks off at the Dolby Theatre at the Hollywood Highland Center in Hollywood, California, we’re breaking down the 5 things you need to know before the show.
From A-list musical guests to Neil Patrick Harris’ Oscar hosting debut, take a look at our top moments, sure to get you pumped for Oscars Sunday!
1. Meet Your Host: He first won us over as the host of the Tony Awards and the Emmys. Now, the “How I Met Your Mother” alum, Neil Patrick Harris is ready to make his Oscar hosting debut, telling E! News the show is nothing less than a “respectful, classy, appreciation of the year in film.”
2. Oh La La Gaga: Just one week following her surprise engagement to actor Taylor Kinney, Lady Gaga prepares to grace the stage at the 87th Annual Academy Awards. “I’ve got goosebumps already,” the Mother Monster shared Thursday after rehearsals. “What an honor to perform for the world and such an immensely talented audience!”
3. The Freshman Class: Nine out of 20 nominees this year are first-time contenders!
4. Powerful Presenters: Not only is this year’s nominees list stock full of powerful performances, the presenters list is just as impressive! On deck to present tonight’s winners with the little golden men are big names like Jennifer Lopez, Meryl Streep, Jennifer Aniston, Oprah Winfrey and Zoe Saldana.
5. Frozen Fans: Sure tonight’s slate is full of magical musicians including Lady Gaga, John Legend, Common, Jennifer Hudson, Adam Levine, Anna Kendrick and Tim McGraw. But it’s Kristin and Robert Lopez from Disney’s Frozen performance piece for Neil Patrick Harris and special guests to execute that we expect will be the highlight of the night.