Celebrities react to Bill Cosby’s arrest

Photo credit: Randy Miramontez / Shutterstock.com

Randy Miramontez / Shutterstock

In the arrest heard around the world, on Wednesday, Dec. 30, legendary actor Bill Cosby was charged with sexually assaulting a Temple University employee at his suburban Philadelphia home in 2004. Since then, celebrities have been weighing in on the shocking news. Film director Judd Apatow was among the first celebs to comment on the 78-year-old, saying he hopes the criminal case can bring some closure to the dozens of alleged victims who claimed to have been sexually assaulted by the iconic comedian. He tweeted:

Bill Cosby has spent his life attempting to silence the women he has assaulted with threats, lawsuits and money. https://t.co/WQDSPbOc9f

“Driver: “0h s—.. The cops are pulling us over …” Bill Cosby: F— man.. I got a warrant! Damn…” #HoodDrama,” tweeted rapper Ice T. Joshua Malina, best known for his role on “The West Wing” tweeted: “Happy holidays, @billcosby. May the new year bring you all that you deserve.”

“America’s Next Top Model” personality and fashion publicist Kelly Cutrone added, “Coincidence #BillCosby arraigned the day before NYEVE – tomorrow media will cover parties and a day later it’ll be last year’s news – PR.” Actress Issa Rae also had a few words to say about Cosby’s downfall.

Meanwhile, political commentator Ann Coulter tweeted, “More runaway white privilege: If Hillary’s so jazzed to have sexual predator Bill Clinton campaign for her, why no invitation to Bill Cosby?”

What are your thoughts on the events surrounding everyone’s favorite former small-screen dad? Sound off in the comment section below.

1. Nigg.Newton on December 31, 2015 at 8:17 am

So Bill Cosby can be CHARGED with a 12 yr old rape, but a BLACK MAN killed on video, by a Police Officer and the Police won’t get charged. Now that’s injustice.

Bill FIGHT — THEM HONKEEY DEVILS

• ChocolateCity on December 31, 2015 at 10:11 am

but, what’s sad is this very blog will not come back and say ….Our bad …we lied. If this lynching don’t happen they would like.

Ice T…yeah Coon hard…cuz, you don’t want the women you have victimized to come…bitttch the nerve.

• Likewaterforchoc on January 1, 2016 at 1:13 pm

I think it’s disgusting that you compare the loss of innocent lives to the arrest of a wealthy celeb who has been drugging and raping women for years. I hate that I have been seeing this comparison. There are countless black men wasting away in prison without just cause. He admitted himself to procuring drugs to use on women and now he is refusing to even testify.He is out on bond resting cozy is a mansion and he never had anything to say about these injustices either. And how are you calling them “honkeys” when you love worshipping and laying with them?

• Nigg.Newton on January 1, 2016 at 4:24 pm

I think you are SICK to feel someone that has NEVER BEEN FOUND GUILTY is now being charged with a 12 yr old action. Yet you feel nothing about the DEATH OF A HUMAN a the hands of the POLICE.

So in my EYES you are a DEVIL. You see evil, but choose to turn your eyes away. ONLY A DEVIL can do this…EVIL is EVIL and when it’s let loose people like you become DEVILS…

• Likewaterforchoc on January 2, 2016 at 4:10 pm

I am trying to figure out whose statement you are actually responding to or if you are truly as ignorant as you usually sound. But I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt, so here goes. Because nowhere in my statement did I say that I cared nothing for those who have died senselessly at the hands of the same one you worship. I stated explicitly that I do not think that Cosby’s recent woes belittles the deaths of those people and should NOT be compared to those injustices that Cosby NEVER spoke out on himself. I love your selective amnesia. Cosby had nothing nice to say about black folks a few years back and white folks loved every minute of his criticism. He actually lambasted black student graduates at an HBCU whose graduation he was the speaker. I live in Atlanta and I remember when a neo-conservation group had him here in Atlanta to speak with a group of others (he was the only black) a few years back. So, now to see people that he belittled rushing to his rescue baffles me. So, re-read my commentary…if you are literate enough.

• Nigg.Newton on January 4, 2016 at 11:15 am

Bill COSBY, has given MORE MONEY than ANY BLACK Celebrity except Lou Rawls.

NOW SHUT YOUR MOUTH…you are spewing LIES…

You have no clue as to what you are talking about!!!

Bill COSBY — by himself, made SPELMAN College what it is today. He gave them over 80 MILLION DOLLARS.

Please SHUT YOUR MOUTH…you have no clue as to what you are talking about!!!

• Likewaterforchoc on January 5, 2016 at 4:37 pm

So, obviously you are not literate as you are unable to address any of the topics at hand and you should shut YOUR mouth. How the hell do I have no clue, when all of the information I submitted is out there. I have actually been following this stuff for years whereas you have obviously been following for 5 minutes. I actually remember that sexual assault suit from the woman back in ’05 or somewhere around there and how it “disappeared” which is what these things have been doing for years. His chickens may have just come home to roost. So, while the amount of Cosby’s guilt is debatable, I certainly wouldn’t go as far as to call him innocent. People like Tamir Rice and Trayvon Martin are innocent (oh, did you see the interview where Bill all but called Trayvon a thug?). So, I as I stated my issue is why is his plight being compared to those people? White folks were loving Bill when he was talking down black youth and the black community and then he called on us to defend him, because he is such a hero to us. We have been OJ’d with this whole ordeal. I remember the black masses rushing to his defense knowing full well he had something to do with that white woman’s death and that once OJ left his first wife he had nothing to do with black folks. Bill even got a black female lawyer (who is an ordained minister of all things). I honestly don’t see him serving any time, just mostly shelling out even more money like OJ (win the criminal suit, but losing a civil suit).

• Nigg.Newton on January 5, 2016 at 5:45 pm

You just wrote a — SUMMARY OF LIES.

Please, do you even know where Bill Cosby made his millions? NOPE!

Now shut your mouth, you have no clue.

Stop following WHITE MEDIA, they lie. He will NOT be found GUILTY!

• Likewaterforchoc on January 6, 2016 at 3:41 pm

So the deposition he gave himself was a lie? The interviews he gave was a lie? Gtfoh!

• norain norainbows on January 4, 2016 at 2:19 pm

Crazy Day on Google?

2. Ph.D on December 31, 2015 at 8:31 am

These aren’t celebrities. Who cares what these NOBODIES think?

• ChocolateCity on December 31, 2015 at 10:09 am

Krackers and Koons….you know how these blogs do.

3. Joni Mitchell on January 1, 2016 at 1:29 am

Yep we can actually see on video a crime being committed the day of and the person who commits the crime is never charged or convicted YET YET! A man a black man will be charged convicted and lynched for a crime that was allegedly committed 12 years ago by women who are no longer getting paid for the sex they had or gave up. Wow where is the justice?? oh but you let a little white boy go cuz he was too spoiled to know “Affulenza” when killed 2 people driving drunk. This is some crazy messed up ISH

• Jazzman450 on January 1, 2016 at 4:02 pm

He killed 4 people and a friend that was riding with him in the vehicle is now paralyzed! White folks and their head games!

4. staccee on January 1, 2016 at 6:07 pm

Yet Stephen Collins is an admitted child molester and nothing is being done, and his show 7th Heaven is still airing. Roman Polanski is still free, along with woody allen an honored by Hollywood with awards and accolades

5. norain norainbows on January 4, 2016 at 2:18 pm

“shocking” news? There is way too much evidence even from his own words of sexual abuse (drugging someone then having sex with them). This behavior has gone on among celebs/rich men for decades in the entertainment world. Cosby got caught. The idea of shaming a victim is dying and women spoke up. That did not happen in the past. What is shocking is how Camille put up with his conduct for 50 years.