The robbery of Kim Kardashian at gunpoint in Paris is making the news today. Her husband Kanye West was in New York performing before a packed crowd and left the stage in the middle of a song. Kim has since fled France on a private jet on her way back home and into the arms of her husband.
Here are some facts about the robbery:
- Kim Kardashian was in her luxury apartment when five men wearing masks and police gear assaulted the apartment concierge. He was handcuffed and led the thieves directly to Kim’s apartment. A gun was placed to her head and she begged the gunmen not to kill her. She was tied up in the bathroom.
- The thieves got away with an estimated $10 million in jewelry that including a ring worth $4.5 million. Kim was on Snapchat earlier that day flaunting a 15K diamond engagement ring that was given to her by Kanye West. Also stolen were her two personal smartphones which are bound to contain celebrity information if breached. The thieves escaped on bicycles.
- Earlier that day a celebrity photographer gained access to a restaurant where Kim and her family were dining. He got through security by pretending to be a police officer and is now being questioned by Paris law enforcement.
- Kim’s bodyguard Pascal Duvier was out with Kim’s sisters Kourtney and Kendall Jenner at the time of the robbery. A few days earlier he stopped a video prankster by tackling him to the ground. Kim tweeted at the time “My security @PascalDuvier is a G!”
- Police are speculating that she could be a victim of a robbery crew known as the “Pink Panther Gang.” This team of crooks has hit targets in Cannes, Tokyo, Singapore and Dubai.
- The Pink Panther gang is known for meticulous planning and execution. The gang uses disguises and personas that are right out of a Hollywood movie; dressing as golfers, Hawaiian tourists, workmen and police officers.