Nick Cannon slams Planned Parenthood, again

Photo Credit: Nick Cannon's Instagram (@nickcannon)
Photo credit: Instagram – @nickcannon

Nick Cannon’s been popping up in the headlines for a number of reasons lately, but one hot-button topic involving Cannon is his stance on Planned Parenthood, which he recently blasted not once, but twice in the media.

According to reports, the drama began last week when Cannon appeared on Power 105’s “The Breakfast Club” and claimed that Planned Parenthood, a nonprofit organization that provides reproductive health services both in the United States and globally, has been committing genocide through its services, namely its sites that offer patients abortions.


“Think about all the stuff they did with Planned Parenthood and all that type of stuff. That type of stuff is to take our community — and forget gentrification, it’s real genocide, and it’s been like that for years,” he told the radio show’s hosts.

“This system is not built for us. This is not our land. I appreciate it. I love it, wouldn’t want to live nowhere else. But this wasn’t designed for our people,” Cannon added.


During another interview this week, Cannon was asked about his ex-girlfriend, Brittany Bell’s, new pregnancy with his latest child before he spoke again about his thoughts on Planned Parenthood.

“It’s modern-day eugenics,” Cannon said, before adding, “It’s population control.”

Cannon’s comments likely come from a personal place considering that in 2005 he released a song called “Can I Live?” which was about the fact that his mother almost made the decision to terminate her pregnancy with him.

While that no doubt has had an effect on Cannon, it’s worth noting that Planned Parenthood’s services are not limited to abortions. It’s actually reported that only 3 percent of their services involve abortions while the other 97 percent involve things such as Pap tests, breast exams, and STD tests which many women without health insurance can receive.

However, Cannon seemed to have thoughts about that as well via his Twitter page.

nick-cannon-planned-parenthood-1

nick-cannon-planned-parenthood-2

Clearly, the issue of abortion is still one that affects many people, including celebs like Cannon, and it’s going to be, at the very least, interesting to see how this national conversation goes now that Donald Trump is the president-elect and Congress has a Republican majority and poses a very real threat to reproductive health services.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Read more about:

Also read

Watch this video

What's new

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x