Teen raises thousands after racist parents disapprove of boyfriend

Allie Dowdle and boyfriend Michael (Photo source: GofundMe/ Allie's Tuition - Say No to Racism)

Allie Dowdle and boyfriend Michael (Photo source: GofundMe/ Allie’s Tuition – Say No to Racism)

A high school senior’s parent’s disapproval of her dating a Black student has publically backfired. Allie Dowdle, 18, is a graduating senior at a private school near Memphis, Tennessee. She started dating a Black college student against her parent’s wishes and in response, her parents cut off her support and endangered her college plans.

Dowdle appealed to social media and created a GoFundMe page to help with her tuition. She states on her page, “About a year ago, I told my parents that I’d started dating a boy named Michael, pictured with me above. Hoping to share him with my family, I showed my parents his picture, and the conversation was over before it even began. My dad did not give me an option:  he told me that I was not allowed to see Michael ever again. Why? Strictly because of skin color.  It wasn’t a quiet ‘no,’ either. I’ll never forget the yelling my parents did when they expressed how disappointed they were in me, that I could do so much better. “

According to Dowdle, she continued to see Michael and over the Christmas holiday her parents found out. Her parents took her car, personal savings, cellphone and said they would not pay her college tuition. Since she posted her story to social media she has raised $12,408 that will now pay her college tuition costs. When the media confronted her parents about their daughter’s story, her father Bill Dowdle stated that he was not racist. The fact that his daughter was dating a Black man may not be his “preference” because of “issues” involved with biracial dating in the South, but that it is not his place to pick who she dates now that she is 18. He went on to state to the media that he decided to cut off her college money because she has been spoiled and “it became obvious that she needed to go out in the world and grow up.”

1. Valica on January 13, 2017 at 12:49 pm

But I’m not racist, everything but I have black friends

2. nosey rosy on January 14, 2017 at 1:25 am

yes he said it she was with a black man . america we cant be this blind to raise our boy to watch the whiteman but sleep with his daugher.? I THINK WE SHOULD marry who we love but if ur in a racist area of america move to colorado or california where interaccial is accepted .. southerners were biggest racist these are the areas blacks were most misstreated and tody is no difference we still got radcist raising these kids . i bet u barron trump has never played with black kids? he will have a hard time relating trump was also raised with no black friends so thats why he can be pegged as racist racism is fear and divide . whne white divide their lives from blacks and grow up in white school as adult they cant see blacks as human cause they have not shared human emotions with blacks

• Whiteguy on January 14, 2017 at 3:19 pm

Actually I judge based on behavior. Someone who acts like a thug is a thug. I will be the first to say a white criminal deserves no more mercy than a black or brown criminal.

Hard time following your gibberish Rosy.

3. Ezekiel Logan on January 14, 2017 at 3:02 pm

That boy’s dick is bigger than he is and it terrifies him that one of his girls got taken down and that pale pancake wifey of his will be salivating next. Racism = fear of liking it better than one’s “own kind”
    Caveman retards

4. Whiteguy on January 14, 2017 at 3:15 pm

She made her choice and he made his.

Not that big of a deal.

If she earns her own way then it will be more beneficial to her. Going crying to a go fund me page though is not much in the way of a reality solution.

5. Had Enough on March 21, 2017 at 12:27 pm

I’m sure this misguided little coalburner has some major daddy issues, but Suicide By Ni**er is NOT the answer.