Failure is the prelude to success. To paraphrase Jennifer Drake’s interview with rolling out, “Failure provides an opportunity to grow. You can’t have one without the other.” It’s how we deal and evolve from those bumps in the road that truly exemplifies what our life is about. The anthem for my life comes from song lyrics by Lil Duval, “You got a lot to be smilin’ for.”
Here’s the blueprint to get your s— together:
- Say “thank you” to whomever you pray to before your feet hit the floor. Don’t ask or plead for anything, just give thanks.
- Turn a listening ear to Atlanta’s own Joy Harden Bradford, Ph.D. I love her “Therapy for Black Girls” podcast because we all need a tune-up of our mental health.
- Let s— go! You have to retool your brain to not always react to people and things around you.
- Exercise or find an outlet that you enjoy. Release those endorphins.
- Laugh more than you cry. Your blessings are all around you.
No one knows what the end looks like for them. Choose to live easy, laugh often and love others. The active pursuit of happiness is the completion of the Mamba mentality.