Racist person threatens to kill Black students at Howard University

Howard University

Photo credit: Howard University via Facebook

Another racist person has made a threat against Black students. This time it was directed at Howard University. The threat came from the website 4Chan.

In the letter, the anonymous person wrote, “Seriously America why are we still putting up this s—? They [Blacks] go around whining and complaining as if there’s something that’s wrong in the world to fix. I left MU yesterday because I couldn’t put up with it anymore. I go home to MD [Maryland] and it’s always the n—s causing trouble everywhere. So I’ve decided. Any n—s left at Howard University after 10 tomorrow will be the first to go. Sure, the po po [police] will take me down, but I’ll go out a hero knowing I made the world better.”

School administrators at Howard University are taking the threat seriously. President Dr. Wayne A.I. Fredrick wrote to students, “We are aware of the threat made against the University and its students and are working with campus, local, and federal law enforcement on this serious matter. We strongly encourage the campus community and our neighbors to stay vigilant and report suspicious activity.”

The incident comes on the heels of the unrest at the University of Missouri. Days after President Tim Wolfe resigned due to protest by Black students, racist individuals have made threats against Black students. Hunter Park was arrested after he posted on Yik Yak, “I’m going to stand my ground tomorrow and shoot every black person I see.” Another racist man, Connor B. Stottlemyre, used Yik Yak to post the message, “I’m gonna shoot any black people tomorrow, so be ready.”

The latest incidents prove that millennials are facing a new form of racism. Hate that is being spewed on social media is spreading and creating a new generation of racists. The threats should all be viewed as acts of terrorism. However, Park was giving a minuscule bond of $4,500 and Stottlemyre was arrested and was not initially charged with a crime.

1. Helenofreims on November 14, 2015 at 7:46 pm

Loretta Lynch what do have to say, aggression from placid society Obama your a joke? Ben whom?

2. Lois B on July 20, 2016 at 1:51 am

Threats against Trump and people that go to his rallies should be called racist also. The BLM activists threatening to kill whites should be called racists too. Why don’t we see headlines that say- “Racist BLM threatens Trump”

• motherNgrandmother on July 20, 2016 at 9:53 am

I so agree with you. Now they have even printed a clothing line with death threats to TRUMP. When does it stop?

3. WeedWhackerDood on July 20, 2016 at 2:29 pm

Get ready for the ride our President and his wife, and his cabinet have created for us. I do not approve of the posting made by these people and think they should receive felony convitions and federal jail time for terroristic threats. AND the same needs to be done towards ALL PEOPLE, BLM INCLUDED, for the same type of threats they are making every day. The writer if this article appears to use the word RACIST freely for these WHITE THUGS, but evreybody is afraid to call BLACK THIGS making the same statements RACIST! Anyone making statements like these WHITE THUGS needs to be properly labeles as RACISTS and treated the same, from East Coast to West Coast! Stop the insanity, we are all Gods children, Jesus dies for us, not for any specific COLOR! GOD BLESS AMERICA, GOD BLESS EACH OF YOU!

4. Jane Shelley on July 20, 2016 at 2:43 pm

I WOULD RATHER THE KKK WENT AFTER BLM.

5. chuy verdugo on July 20, 2016 at 2:45 pm

I’m sure a black sent the message,every time this happens it’s a black doing it.