Black Enterprise magazine’s 2016 Black Enterprise Women of Power Summit is touted as a business event that attracts more than 800 mid- to senior-level managers, “C-level” decision makers, HR officers, diversity officers, executives, and professionals.
They will gather at the Hilton Diplomat Resort & Spa in Hollywood, Florida, for three days of leadership, truth-owning and empowerment.
This year’s theme is “Know Your Worth. Own Your Worth. Embrace Your Power! Hosted by ADP, this year’s Summit takes place Wednesday, March 9 to Saturday, March 12, 2016.
Attendees will hear from influencers such as Arnold W. Donald, president and CEO of Carnival Corp. & PLC; Debra Lee, chairman and chief executive officer of BET Networks; Bishop Vashti Murphy McKenzie, 117th elected and consecrated bishop of the African Methodist Episcopal Church; Dr. N. Joyce Payne, founder of Thurgood Marshall College Fund; Star Jones, president of Professional Diversity Network and National Association of Professional Women; and a host of others.
According to organizers:
Women of Power attendees can look forward to learning how to master high stakes corporate politics, in addition to creating financial security now and in the future. You will be directed on how to build teams that will go to battle for you while gaining fundamental, executable strategies straight from the C-suite. You will learn the impact of not only embracing your power, but embodying it. You’ll see what it takes to keep careers on track through personal crisis and how to leverage your unique power by using your personal stories as a tool in your arsenal. There will be networking, collaboration, and inspiration thick in the air at all times, and you will live in it for three powerful days.
Grammy-nominated R&B singer Johnny Gill has been tapped to bid the attendees farewell with his hits, followed by a comedy show with Capone and Cookie.
Here are five reasons you should attend.
- At the top of the itinerary is the Shopping Excursion hosted by Macy’s. Attendees will have an opportunity to visit Macy’s Aventura in South Florida. The outing is complete with a fashion presentation and lunch. The women will discover new shape wear, what’s new in the beauty bar, receive a personal styling session with MyStylist and concierge service with [email protected]’s!, and have an opportunity to get hair touchups at the bumping station with a purchase.
- For the professional who can’t miss a workout. There are morning fitness activities that range from Yoga on the Beach and Spin Class, followed up with a nourishing continental breakfast. The Wellness Zone is open all day offering health screenings, nutritional advice and relaxation techniques.
- The dynamic Bishop Vashti McKenzie will deliver a can’t miss keynote speech titled: Owning Your Truth. The C-Suite Power Lunch will feature an in-depth, one-on-one conversation with Debra Lee.
- There are one-on-one executive career coaching and financial coaching sessions available. The Womanomics: Wealth Building for the Ages seminar addresses how women of varying generations can create financial security “by examining their saving, spending, debt and retirement strategies.
- The Executive Leadership, Power Networking and Lifestyle Sessions feature powerhouses like the NBA’s Pam El; NFL’s Dawn Hudson; Star Jones; ad executive Fay Ferguson, co-CEO of Burrell Communications; actress and singer Vanessa L. Williams; General Motors’ Alicia Boler-Davis and so many more.
BlackEnterprise.com will offer daily Summit updates and happenings. Follow Black Enterprise on social media @BlackEnterprise and hashtag #BEWPS to stay in the loop.
To follow the event via livestream check out: womenofpower.com/summit/livestream
The livestream schedule, FYI: womenofpower.com/summit/livestreamschedule