‘The Real’ co-hosts sit down for 1st interview since Tamar Braxton’s exit

Photo credit: Noel Vasquez/Getty Images/Courtesy of Extra at Universal Studios Hollywood

“The Real” co-hosts sat down for their first interview since Tamar Braxton’s sudden exit.

On June 21, Loni Love, Adrienne Bailon, Jeannie Mai, and Tamera Mowry-Housley sat down with “Extra’s” Mario Lopez, at Universal Studios Hollywood, where they cleared the air on all the drama and speculation surrounding Braxton’s emotional goodbye.

When asked about Braxton’s absence for season three, Love said, “First of all, we want to let all of our fans know that we love them and we were totally taken by surprise when we found out that Tamar wouldn’t be returning to ‘The Real.’ We love her.”

Mario noted that the ladies all seemed to get along when he was around them, and they all agreed. Mowry-Housley added, “We will miss her dearly.”

As previously reported, on Saturday, May 21, the WE tv star used Instagram to write of a recent betrayal amid reports she had been fired from the syndicated talk show.

“I love u all but I have been stabbed in the back by someone I stupidly trusted ( not my man or my sisters) I am not about to be tried and tested to snitch (?) and it’s not in good taste to tell you who…… but as #tamartians you are very smart and can figure things out on your own. But know that every one who smiles in your face is NOT your friend and is NOT cheering for you and will LIE and try and tear u down to TRY and dim your light.”

Of course, this was enough to get the rumor mill going with claims that Braxton’s “ghetto” antics (which allegedly cost the network big numbers) were responsible for her termination. Meanwhile, on Sunday, May 22, “The Real” along with Braxton issued an official “joint” statement in response to the backlash. “ ‘The Real’ and Tamar Braxton have mutually decided that Tamar will not be continuing with the show for its upcoming third season. She will be leaving in order to concentrate on her solo career. Everyone associated with ‘The Real’ appreciates Tamar’s efforts and the contributions she has made to the show’s success, and we wish her all the best for the future.”

While it appeared no one expected the 39-year-old to come out on top, just days later, Steve Harvey came to the rescue, handing Braxton a golden ticket — her very own talk show. “Happy. Positive. And not an ill will toward ANYONE or ANYTHING❣ check me out on @iamsteveharveytv morning show tomorrow and hear why I have so much JOY! God is in control. … And he has prepared me for what’s to come? I may joke or shade( and that’s just jokes)? but know in order for him to use me my HEART is pure and FULL of LOVE! Walk into your light and destiny?? I love u all,“ revealed the “Love and War” vocalist via Instagram on June 2.

Now, as it appears everyone has moved on and the waters have settled (for now), “The Real” co-hosts went on to reveal, they’re taking over 2016 Essence Festival. “We are going down to New Orleans, July 1. We are having a real live show on the ESSENCE main stage [in the Convention Center] — it’s free, anybody can come. We’re gonna have some live girl chat. We’re gonna be doing everything we can to give and show love to our fans,” said Love.

The outspoken women will also host a day party during the annual event, at the Sugar Mill on Sunday, July 3. “We are having a white party, which I’m so excited about,” said Bailon.

Up next, “The Real” will return for season three on Sept.12. However, there’s been no word whether Braxton will be replaced. Will you be watching? Sound off in the comment section below.

1. BunnyHoney17 on June 22, 2016 at 11:53 am

I only watched the Real to see Tamar. The rest of the host are boring.

• Eric5467 on June 23, 2016 at 3:38 am

I am getting paid around 6000-8000 bucks a month for freelance jobs i do at home. So if you are ready to complete easy at home jobs for few hrs /day from comfort of your home and earn decent paycheck while doing it… Try this job http://ulinks.net/3dc42

2. cupcake333 on June 22, 2016 at 12:05 pm

abslute no never have a white female been fired from a show and fired should not apply to a star she was more talented then all a siicom dont make u talent a commedian lonni love is not funny makeing fat ugly girl jokes is self mutilation adrian couldnt sing ing a bucket and jeni is no sought after fashion icon tamar was the real talent LUCILLE BALL WAS ghetto silly goofy annoying but her antic were funny made her a legend? phillis diller was rediculous joan rivers was gjhetto loud too dry joke and all . . ..goldy hawn was silly too but why is tamar labeled ghetto by whites since that word never associate with white face ? why? tamar was goofy kids liked her white kids liked her ,,which was the problem goofy is not talent if your black, it a label .. hummmm? who made up this rule? . . tamar had white fans too … the blonde hair they made her stop wearing that sealed her tumb AND WHITE PRODUCERS KNEW IT … . THEM GLASSES TO GHETTO HAIR DOES AND ALL . .. WHILE ADRIAN GOT TO SPORT HER BLONDE HAIR ??? TAMAR WAS SET UP AND THE ULIMATE SLAPP IS TO NOT NEGOTIATE PACKAGE WITH HER LIKE THEY DID SHERI SHEPARD ..
    ON TV FIRED SHOULD NEVER COME UP CAUSE THAT TERM OPENS SPECULATION DECHARACTERIZE AND DEMOTE YOUR BRAIND . . BRAND INFRIGMENT?? SUEING ..???
    I WOULD SUE ….

shes a star and when you creat scrutiny u creat her brand to suffer she got labeled ghetto and that was not the way to let her go

• WHaleWIllie on June 22, 2016 at 1:27 pm

DUnno ’bout anyone else, but when I’Se look at d’at pic, I’Se see 1 sista & 3 mixums. Nuthin’ wrong wit’ da half breeds, but letz be honest mo’ like DIsney versions of BEcky wit’ a tan! SIsta is one cheez burger away from being MRs GRimace.

GOnna miss TAmar. SHe gots da nice big mout’ for pipin’! ALLways ‘magined her takin’ ole willie nads deep back to da tonsils. WIllie here gettin’ sum serious pant tent t’inkin’ ’bout it!

CUpcake333, I’Se hope d’em be sum real d-cups. ‘Cause I’Se can see maself goin’ crazy on d’em cones o’ yours while I’Se be shoulda deep inta yo steamin’ rancid poop da scoop expressway!

IF CHris ROck be ’round he be yellin “[email protected]#k the real.. [email protected]# the real.. time ta copy myself a feel” TOo bad cracka heffa KEvin JAmes had ta run brotha CHris down like a cotton field tracka!

ALl d’is yack yack.. time ta scracth ma sack!

• GDibbs on June 22, 2016 at 2:15 pm

Really wish you jacoffs would learn how to write. Starts with bad spelling, ends with a story that makes no sense. I went to college and studied hard. Wasnt about to become a statistic, another uneducated black man. Whale you sound like a poor tom from the projects.

3. Gloria on June 22, 2016 at 12:05 pm

No, will not watch the real any more!

4. Michelle on June 24, 2016 at 12:28 pm

I’m sorry but I did not watch the show because Tamar was too annoying. It just was not my type of show.

5. MusicFilmArtLover on June 27, 2016 at 11:56 am

Lonie outfit is cute! No time to watch the show but I do watch clips on Youtube every now and again. I found it to be too many host. Tamar was a bit animated. I never understood why she was on the show instead touring her album. I loved her first album and her 2nd album was TOTALLY underrated. It was better than the 1st. The Luther piece was dope! Oh she has so many hits on this album it’s sad she doesn’t promote it. It is not too late to go on a Summer tour. I would see her live hands down.

I know a lot of you fans of the Real Show thought Tamar made the show but actually, she was just over top and out shined the other co-host. There were never a balance. Plus it was too many voices at one time. I think one other host need to go as well – three is enough. The ladies also have to really keep it real. You all seem fake. I mean really fake. You have some real moments but the fake outshine the real. You all have to find your voice and get comfortable. You all are not comfortable yet.

I remember when Wendy (The Wendy Williams Show) first started. She was stiff. Oprah is a good example too. Once both ladies found their voice, their balance, their pace, their comfortable level and I do not mean comfort as in I’m not stage freight, I mean comfort as in balance, ease, pacing, timing the natural flow. Wendy is now back to her old ways (kind of) like she was on radio but tame. Oprah well you all saw Oprah growth.

The show need a major re-haul. I want to see Lonnie let loose a little and show more of her comedic side. They way you all are used in the show doesn’t exactly match your character. Lonnie would not play the games. She always seems so awkward. Tamara seems out of place too. Let the other two ladies do the games cause they have that type of personality and let Tamara and Lonnie interview the guest. IDK something have to change. Anyways, I wish all the ladies well including Tamar.