Toni Braxton opens up about her romance with Birdman

Photo Credit: Instagram - @tonibraxton

Photo Credit: Instagram – @tonibraxton

It came as a shock last year when news reports revealed that Toni Braxton and Birdman were an item and it seems like the relationship is still a bit of a shock and pleasant surprise to Braxton because she recently revealed that she’s surprised at how happy she is with the Cash Money mogul.

In the latest episode of “Braxton Family Values,” Braxton sat down with her sister Towanda Braxton, and opened up about her year-plus long relationship with Birdman and how he still gives her butterflies with their romance.

“B [Birdman] called me the other day, yesterday actually, and he was just like, ‘T, I want you to hang out with me, whatever it is, let’s just do something’. I have anxiety and bubbles in my tummy and stuff. I don’t know what’s going on with me,” Braxton explained to her sister.

Things between Braxton and Birdman, who has even been on “Braxton Family Values” and met Braxton’s father, are clearly going well. However, Braxton did share with her sister that part of her is reluctant to settle into the idea that Birdman really could be the man of her dreams.

“You ever been scared to be happy? I haven’t been happy in a long time outside of work. Work brings me extreme happiness. When I’m on stage and I’m performing, that’s the only time that I get those butterflies and I feel totally happy with my life. A romantic relationship? I haven’t had time for that — I should say, I chose not to make time for it but it’s right here in front of my face: happiness,” Braxton explained.

She continued, “It’s the weirdest thing. Ten years ago, I never would’ve imagined me and B would be here. Who knows, this could be a great love affair.”

We’re happy that Birdman is making Braxton so happy. What do you think of their relationship? Let us know in the comments.

1. AND THEN THERE WAS ONE!!? on May 27, 2017 at 10:17 pm

Am surprised at Toni!!! Birdman I don’t see ? it, but to each its own.

2. Denice on May 28, 2017 at 4:11 am

As far as Toni & Birdman, love sometimes comes packaged different than we expect. EMBRACE IT!

3. Niya Gaddy on May 28, 2017 at 8:13 am

Opposite attract is what I hear. I personally in a million year’s would’ve of never thought Birdman would be her cup of tea, but I guess you never know who really is your cup of tea because the otha guy sure wasn’t????

4. britishrose on May 29, 2017 at 9:14 pm

she is old and desperate to out do tamar financially birdman dont want her and she really cant handle him , she is like whitney with bobby brown ,she will have to comply with his lifestyle and its not honey lets go see a movie or eat dinner hes a thug , he ooozes bad luck for her . she better becareful cause the older woman younger man dont work with her and him cause he aint that young . and he aint her type . . .she just reaching i would get butter flys to if a millionair with unlimited cash paid my bills and got me attention for a dead career , , shes a legend but she dont live up to that title at all , ,i watch her on the show and she like leach , she want love , she want respect but tamar is greedy and will not share her fortune with no one . tony should be rich as tamar , and maybe she will marry bird man but he iwll be gone as quick as he came .. divorce court bound she aint gonna stay with no thug

• louise_1 on May 30, 2017 at 1:13 am

Omg, this is deep. You made some good points tough. She is very sick and ill so I don’t know how much of a career she has left. I do feel bad for her. Yep Tamar is greedy for spotlight and wont share. But people don’t like Tamar so she won’t go far.

5. louise_1 on May 30, 2017 at 1:08 am

If the attraction is there, they should go for it. I do wish them the very best.

6. Carolyn Stokes on May 30, 2017 at 7:17 pm

I hope Toni Do not get hurt. Toni take your time pro and con. Hope Toni make the right decide. Marry easy. Divorce is hard. Be Blessed.