Last month, Bobby Brown made headlines when he filed a lawsuit against TV One after the network revealed the news that they were releasing a made-for-TV biopic about the life and death of Brown’s daughter Bobbi Kristina. However, after a just a month-long legal battle, news stories have revealed that Brown has lost the battle to keep the biopic from airing.
As originally reported, Brown filed a $2M lawsuit against TV One for showing him in a negative and untrue light. In the film, Brown will be played by actor Hassan Johnson and he will allegedly be shown as a “hard drug user” who neglects and abuses his daughter after the tragic death of her mother, Whitney Houston, who died in 2012 after being found submerged in a hotel bathtub.
Brown also named producers Tracey Baker-Simmons and Wanda Shelley in the suit and claims they’re using information they recieved from his 2004 reality show “Being Bobby Brown” without his permission.
Well, this weekened reports revealed that a Manhattan judge has decided to side with TV One in the case in regards to whether the movie should air on TV. The judge explained that Brown’s claims of defamation are “speculative” because he hasn’t read the script nor seen the film. The judge also disagreed with Brown’s concerns about being portrayed as an abusive husband because he admitted to hitting Houston during one incident in their tumultuous marriage.
“Whether Bobby Brown was a bad father is a matter of opinion,” the judge said, before quoting a line from Brown’s memoir, Every Little Step, in which he says, “I turned around to her, drew back my hand, and smacked her (Houston) across the face.”
Although the biopic will still air, Brown’s case will move forward and the next conference is scheduled for Nov. 13.
The Bobbi Kristina biopic makes its debut tonight, Oct. 8, on TV One.
What do you think about Brown’s claims and the biopic airing on TV? Let us know in the comments.