Daniel Gibson opens up about divorce from Keyshia Cole

daniel-4

I understand where you’re coming from, but what I don’t understand is why you’re taking the fall for something if you didn’t do it. If I was accused of cheating, and I didn’t, I would be proclaiming my innocence from the mountaintops. But you remained quiet, and I never understood that.
Me being the way that I am, and the way that I was raised, I personally felt like love should be private, so I really didn’t want to agree to us doing the show at the beginning. Because I really felt like, when you open up that door, you allow people to be able to hate, or form whatever assumptions they want to about you because you’re putting your life out there. But I felt like it should be private. And, you know, she sings and she sings from that hurt place. I respect what she does, and she has to do that, but as far as I go, I couldn’t care less what somebody has to say about me as a man. The people that know me are the people that matter. And those people know what I’m about and what I stand for. So feel free to call me a stripper-chasing coward who let his family down. But those that know me know what I’m really about and that is never going to change.

**Stay tuned for part two of our conversation with Daniel Gibson, as he delves deeper into his separation with Keyshia Cole, and how that has affected their son.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

1. ShelbyMoore on June 5, 2014 at 3:39 pm

This article just started getting good. When will the rest up uploaded?

2. MellO on June 5, 2014 at 7:43 pm

He so damn fine!

• Kathy on March 24, 2015 at 9:49 pm

Go with the Ho then and get HIV everything look good not good for you didn’t your momm teach you anything dumb ass looks not shit its your love of God your heart condition and so on

3. Schrica on June 5, 2014 at 9:40 pm

I’m married and I have my up and downs as well being a young black female who’s husband is also younger then me as well and only been married for 2yrs and with a 2yr old as well and I think that its good and great to a certain point that you are taking the fall for your marriage ending but you can’t take all of the fault its somethings that she has done aswell marriage is a 50/50 relationship and being a young man at the time and taking credit now shows that you have grown over the years maybe yall should’ve have waited like I say I should have at times but time never waits for no one and at that time you thought you were ready but like you said those vows yall took yall should’ve tried to make it work but it didn’t and good your able to learn from your mistake that has happened and moved forward and grow from it and teach your son when he gets older. Keep God with you and you will go far.

• me on June 5, 2014 at 11:13 pm

His infidelity has nothing to do with her. How can you lay that at her feet?

• Guess on June 5, 2014 at 11:44 pm

I think you misunderstand. Her point is, it takes two to tango so if the marriage did not work, both of them contributed to it in some way, though he seems to be taking all the blame. It’s not surprising he did that because even on their show, he seemed to always break the ice first and apologize. My impression from the show was he is the jealous kind and knowing the industry his wife is in, and that’s she’s beautiful, it wasn’t lost on him that men admired his wife. He also comes from a stable home(his parents still married I believe) unlike his wife. So he may have expected her to perhaps bring her image more in tune with that of a wife and mother i.e. no skimpy clothes or random “love interests” kissing her in music videos, etc. He had a problem with one of he music videos, where the director suggested the “love interest” hold her / kiss her. On the other hand, his wife has been through a lot growing up and has a lot of pain which she hasn’t addressed. So she is not very trusting and lashes out which just comes from fear and pain. She also seemed conflicted with how to balance her new role as a wife and mother with her career demands. The bottom line is, when you are married, there are certain things you can no longer do, especially if your spouse has a problem with it. The other thing is respect which she didnt seem to have towards him or show it. I remember on their show when she was at a magazine or so giving an interview. Her husband was sitted a few feet from her behind the scenes. The interviewer asked her who was her best friend and she stated matter of factly she didn’t have one. Those are things that will hurt anyone, especially your spouse. When you disrespect your husband(or man), you do a lot of damage which is not immediately apparent. She needs to learn how to love and allow others to love her. Also they both need to get off social media and not air any more of their dirty laundry. Their son, DJ, is so adorable.

• me on June 6, 2014 at 2:53 am

I can see what you are saying and I understood what Schrica was saying. When I say infidelity, I mean the true meaning of the word. His infidelity, insecurity, and being disloyal was about him not her. He knows she is brutally honest, which he was not the best at dealing with(when she made the best friend comment).
          He knows she demands respect and loyalty(her sister and birth mother selling her out for a quick buck; her birth family not appreciating the platform she gave them to build their some type of success) which goes back to him.
          Keisha was the high profile of the two when the couple got together. I can give him kudos for being able to acknowledge that he was not ready, but his faults are not on her.

• Adele on June 14, 2014 at 2:29 pm

I think EVERYTHING you stated is true. I divorced my husband, because he cheated and have been divorced for 3 years now, but once my ex husband and I looked back on our marriage, we BOTH saw things we BOTH did that contributed to the demise of the marriage. People who are choosing sides are doing so because of what they’ve seen or heard in the media, but the truth is, unless you are behind closed doors with the people, you really CANNOT know why the marriage broke up or who is to blame.

• Kathy on March 24, 2015 at 9:52 pm

It was a big part his wife and he said it that’s hard to deal with and in there home hell no fuck that nigger

• guest on June 6, 2014 at 2:30 am

That is so true me and my sons daddy being together about 4year now married 3year now. Yes we have our up and down days to that how married work you know you just have to work together and keep God first you cannot go wrong with that. And keep people out of your business and out of your home business and always remember why yll get married in the first please with faith what do you have nothing right

• Kathy on March 24, 2015 at 9:34 pm

Keep his thing in his pants simple that the devil making him think something better on the other side he found out the hard way , my be he learn the next woman he will not cheat with his young ass

4. Caligirl on June 6, 2014 at 9:58 am

IJS they old have kept this interview, cause really he didn’t open p, and he’s being secretive about a lot of stuff! But, anyways it’s their own personal private business! Best of Luck to both of them!

• ARG on June 6, 2014 at 8:02 pm

Whatever the situation maybe I pray they can get past it forgive one another and move forward. The media will destroy a person that’s not strong. Keisha has been through a lot she was looking to her husband, best friend for support. I don’t know her personall y but I know she is a down chick and that part about other men touching and kissing her that’s the nature of the business she’s in he knew that before he said I do. But I respect him that he can admit his wrongs it takes a real person to do so. If he cheated are not he has to answer for that. He admitted he was young and foolish. There’s a saying if a man doesn’t change between the ages twenty five and thirty five he will never change.

5. cutlerbay1 on June 7, 2014 at 9:46 am

Ladies, when a man say they grew apart, its because he was not being respected. No one is going to allow a person to keep on pushing them with their demands or attitude. When you are married you should respect the person you’re with and it’s a matter of give and take. It may be somethings you don’t like about your husband and there are somethings men don’t like about their wives, but they learn to overlook somethings, but at the end of the day, you must trust and respect each other.

6. michelle on June 7, 2014 at 6:13 pm

Daniel has a problem with being honest, for one! Daniel lied on IG about cheating on Keyshia and turned around on FB and admitted to cheating, I know this for a fact because he was IG going back and forth with me that he did not cheat, as well as his IG bouncers. I will never forget that Daniel. Now he’s on Rollout saying he did not cheat. Talk about ethic morals. The bottom line is Daniel has self-esteem issues that have not been discovered nor addressed. He could not believe that Keyshia gave him the time a day for one and this caused him to feel like he was somebody and at the same time he lacks the mentality to elevate his maturity to greater heights due to not being disciplined. Not all celebrities have the endurance to go from 0-100, and this sucka truly is an example. Look how he hangs in clubs, looking for someone to make him feel like he is relevant, which makes him irrelevant, or how he is always posting selfies like a damn girl, this is so the girls can for sure him of how he looks. Daniel is not a bad person, just a confused person. EVERYONE knows Keyshia’s story so there really is not much to say about her because just as we know he knew it as well. Daniel needs validation to feel complete. I call this “If you couldn’t take the heat, you should have stayed your young wanna be thug behind out of the kitchen”.. HE WASN’T READYYYYYY!

• Big Tim on June 12, 2014 at 3:25 pm

Typical blaming the man for everything, so Keshia did nothing wrong? LOL!!!!!! This is typical of why there are so many single mothers out there these days. Lots of Narcissistic females out there. Yes I said females because you are not women. Women don’t blame others, they take ownership of their part in a breakdown of a marriage or relationship. Females blame others only.

• Michelle Render on June 12, 2014 at 4:30 pm

Like I stated “Daniel has a problem with being honest, for one! Daniel lied on IG about cheating on Keyshia and turned around on FB and admitted to cheating, I know this for a fact”. Now as for you Tim, who are you? If you do not possess a degree in marriage counseling then I don’t see the purpose of you replying to me. Do not reply to me with that immature cop out foolery. Daniel lied and cheated, bottom line. If he (or anyone else) was not happy in his marriage his option (as a man) should have been to leave, divorce or whatever. I also stated that EVERYONE is aware of Keyshia’s history and Daniel knew it as well, so therefore he has no excuse or explanation based on Keyshia’s behalf. Daniel is manipulative as well….the interview is proof! If Keyshia would have stated that she cheated…..I would have voiced my opinion about her as well. So miss me with that “blaming the man bs”. If your ace would have cheated (if married) I would have said the same about you. Men and women need to grow up and walk away when they are not happy. I did….and I’m a woman. #Cowardsneednotapply (male or female).

• Big Tim on June 12, 2014 at 4:52 pm

lLOL!!!!!! Thanks for proving my point, typical female blaming the man for everything. I’ll reply to you however and whenever I want. You don’t like what I type easy to ignore me. Also Keyshia’s history automatically gives her a pass. Stop making excuses for her, the breakdown of the marriage is on both of them. I bet you don’t have a degree in marriage counseling either. I love the insults coming back, shows how shortsighted you are as a female.

• Michelle Render on June 12, 2014 at 5:14 pm

It’s not about me….it’s about Daniel committing adultery. Let’s stick to the issue because it is obvious your justifying his actions. I don’t care what the issue may be. The bottom line is there is no excuse for cheating.

• Big Tim on June 12, 2014 at 6:01 pm

Typical putting it on the man again, when did I say Daniel was not at fault? Wow reading comprehension would help you a lot, lol. Bottom line is Keyshia did not take care of her business in the bedroom apparently, also tried to emasculate her man. I see this a lot in African American Females, you might try supporting your man, then he might not think about cheating. Nowhere in that statement did I see him admit to cheating sexually on her. You might read the article again.

• Michelle Render on June 12, 2014 at 7:24 pm

I am not the type to speak from he said she said gossip. You know, like something that Keysh or D did not admit to (speculation, assuming). The fact remains that he/you should have been the bigger person and left….if he/you was that miserable. The moral of the story is he/you was dishonest and unfaithful, period!

• Big Tim on June 12, 2014 at 11:28 pm

LOL!!!!!!!!!

• te36617 on July 22, 2014 at 11:18 pm

Your stupid

• michelle on August 3, 2014 at 11:59 am

That’s a good word for it!

• angie on June 14, 2014 at 7:57 pm

There is no excuse for infidelity in a marriage period!
            Man or women! And fooling with strippers! Please! You
            Should have least some respect for the other person
            You married to better than that….self worth is important
            to one’s own value! I dont who or what anyone’s attitude
            Is!!!!! Cheating is a choice, and if your not ready or
            willing to be totally committed to someone,then you
            should stay simgle!!!! We need to quit making excuses
            for some men who childish behavior and imaturity level
            makes them.feel its ok to cheat in a MARRIAGE when
            Shit ant going perfect! Im here to tell you as a spouse
            of a cheater i know first hand the pain and humiliation
            and semse of betrayal one feels when a spouse totally
            disrespects the marriage and decides to cheats! It has
            Nothing to do with a man or woman, but the person
            themselves! Good for keisha that she made him own
            his betrayal of trust!!!!

• Big Tim on June 15, 2014 at 5:27 pm

Who said it was okay? I said nothing in the article says he cheated on her sexually, wow you folks need to learn reading comprehension, LOL!!!! Also she’s just as much at fault as he is. Try respecting your mate and he won’t go cheating. This is a man telling you the real not pretend, you don’t like those facts that’s on you. Take care of your man period.

• michelle on August 3, 2014 at 12:00 pm

EXACTLY!

7. Traci404 on June 8, 2014 at 8:44 am

Get OFF social meidia.
    Reality TV shows and Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

IF you have to have a presence for marketing, and you are a celebrity, do no do it yourself. Hire a company to do it.

8. MrsBerry on June 29, 2014 at 5:27 pm

Keisha should work it out if it can be fixed then fix it!!!!!

9. Black Beaut on June 30, 2014 at 12:29 pm

I think they should work it out get out of the lime light for a while and put God first and he will do the rest . It was so sad to heard of this be I seen you all as one of the down to earth couples work it out God Bless you Both do it for the child and not people and press

10. china on July 15, 2014 at 12:25 pm

Butt no matter what happened you’ll should have tried to works it out I no its hope but what is a relationship without no problems it seems to me that someone haven’t been satisfied but just like i said the door should have stayed open a little while longer. But on the other side of the rope we don’t know anything because we not going to no every thing.

11. china on July 15, 2014 at 12:32 pm

And again i left out some things ur not trying to work Daniel because if you we’re it would have never happened with the divorce but don’t take that end because it’s something you’ll but both of you’ll should have work out. Button again everything happens for a reason

12. michelle on August 3, 2014 at 12:07 pm

Now there it is. Keyshia put it out there…he cheated on several occasions before she gave him his walking papers. Daniel is a manipulative joke. He has the nerves to say he’s a Christian? Smh, I can’t with this boy. Contradictions, quoting scripture? Forgive him lord for he not know what he do. Perfect example of self will run riot….

• cutlerbay1 on September 6, 2014 at 10:43 am

I don’t believe everything Keyshia is saying about her husband. She had some serious problems before the husband. She appears to be happy, but you can tell by her conversations that she’s hurting. Have you ever heard her say anything good about a man? Her negativity and attitude makes her ugly no matter how beautiful people say she is on the outside. Her husband always say nice things about her and I know it’s not all true. You can say whatever you want to say about Daniel cheating on Keyshia, but Keyshia had a part in the breakdown of their marriage.

• michelle on September 6, 2014 at 12:40 pm

And that’s where opinions come into play. I could care less what their issues were/are. My argument is and always will be about the mere fact of cheating. ITS NOT NECESSARY!!!! I’m speaking based on a back and forth instagram conversation I had with Mr. Claim to be not guilty of infidelity, lies! HE then turned around and admitted HE did in fact cheat weeks later. Therefore, I have lost all respect and belief in his lying behind. I’m not speaking on hear say…it is what HE say! We all have flaws because we’re human, but admitting the part you played in any type of situation shows character. So you can say what you want….he is a liar and has some soul searching to do…

13. ragucci on November 29, 2014 at 6:56 pm

Actually we all going by what social network puts out there , we don’t kno what goes on behind doors …its a time n life were everyone has to grow up never mind the sex….female/male whom ever …love Dont have a color, face , shape or form I love to see a family grow , think tho we all know what cards we have to play when we get our hand what we need to do is stop putting the cards down …

14. Kathy on March 24, 2015 at 9:24 pm

He commented Adultery in the marry able home that’s gounds for Divorce period he crazy ass hell if he thinks Keshyia can get over that I’ve been there you lose all respect for that man time to move the fuck on simple

15. Kathy on March 24, 2015 at 9:38 pm

All them black rich guys think there gods gift to woman they all cheat them basketball ball players she should have now not to marry him all of them cheat like they mentally in sane and the one who stay put up with some bull shit the money not worth your mental health

16. Kathy on March 24, 2015 at 9:46 pm

That’s way Magic Johnson have H.I.V. From being a Ho having group sex that’s just nasty and no condom hell no . Now his life is fucked up a disease with no cure now his wife stay with him don’t nobody want to be with her unless he want to get HIV , she wanted fame bad because she could have left years ago she said that’s way it took so long to get married other woman . I think he marred her soon he new he was HIV and don’t no body want to have sex with him with all the money in the world that was a dearth sentence then and still very serious.