Breaking: Healthcare Bill pulled at Trump’s request! Obamacare survives

Donald Trump (Photo credit: a katz / Shutterstock.com)

Donald Trump (Photo credit: a katz / Shutterstock.com)

After weeks of negotiations to try to repeal Obamacare, the Republican-controlled Congress has pulled its controversial American Healthcare Act, presumably at the request of President Donald Trump.

It is being reported by media outlet CNN that Trump and Speaker of the House Paul Ryan spoke at 3 p.m. and the decision was made to pull the bill. It has been seven years and a day since Obamacare became law and changed the healthcare of the nation, allowing millions access to much-needed healthcare. The decision to pull the Republican bill is considered a personal and monumental setback to the conservative agenda of Trump and other Republicans. In the 2016 election, many Republicans gained much-needed votes and won their elections based on their promise to repeal Obamacare.

Today was supposed to be the day that Congress was going to take the dramatic vote on Obamacare; however, there were just not enough votes. President Trump started the mood for the day by tweeting this morning, “After seven horrible years of Obamacare (skyrocketing premiums & deductibles, bad healthcare), this is finally your chance for a great plan!”

But the plan was rife with issues that put an unjust burden on the poor and elderly who would have seen their premiums skyrocket. In addition, the plan would call for the elimination of mandatory coverage that exists currently under Obamacare. The Republican plan called for the elimination of mental health care coverage, guaranteed maternity leave, vital prescription drug coverage, and other drastic measures.

In the end, the President of the United States is being blamed for what is being called a monumental policy disaster in his first 100 days in office. This is following a series of promises Trump has made including an immigration travel ban, which was shut down by the courts, building a wall with Mexico, tax cuts, and tearing up the Iran nuclear missile agreement signed during the Obama administration. In the midst of all of this, the Trump administration is also dealing with an unfolding scandal involving Russian interference in the recent US presidential election and associates of Trump with questionable ties to known Russian operatives. President Trump, a man who delights in the “Art of the Deal” has failed in his first big test on major domestic policy.

1. sandra on March 25, 2017 at 11:50 am

Now this is a lie!!!!! Trump did NOT pull his bill it did not PASSED. THANK YOU JESUS….

• lottogirl846 on March 25, 2017 at 2:56 pm

No, they did not take the final vote because DRUMPF told them to “fold” BEFORE the final vote.

• sandra on March 27, 2017 at 7:10 pm

Like I said before TRUMP is upset because the health care did not go through he didn’t pull it when they were trying to get it through the people against it walked out so Ryan blames the freedom caucus when he went back to TRUMP to let him know it failed. It failed on the floor and it did not PASSED TRUMP was still trying to get it passed. Read reports. Thank you anyway but I’m done with a closed issue no need to respond. Have a great day

• Tyler Marshall on March 28, 2017 at 7:39 am

I was paid 104000 dollars previous year by doing an on-line job furthermore I was able to do it by w­orking in my own time f­o­r quite a few hours regularly. I used job opportunity I found online and therefore I am delighted that I was able to make such great money. It’s undoubtedly newbie-friendly and therefore I am so delighted that I found out regarding it. Read through what I do… http://s.id/1W1

• Liam Powell on March 30, 2017 at 8:02 am

Owner of Yahoo!, is giving advice visitors to start off “Work at home” method, that Internet marketers have been doing for about a year now. These days alone, I generated around $36k up to now with no more than my personal pc and some leisure time, although i have a fulltime nine to five job. Even everyone new at all to this, actually make $50/per h successfully and the gains can go even very high over time… This is how i started >> http://urlfat.com/4BI

• Jake Coleman on March 31, 2017 at 8:09 am

Chief of Yahoo and Google!, is informing people to get started in “Work at home” practice, that Marketers have been doing for over 12 months now. These days only, I made about $36k up to now with nothing but my home computer as well as some extra time, however i have a fulltime nine to 5 job. Even everyone new at all to this, can make $50/per h easily and the profit can go much very high in the long run… This is how i started >> http://kxk.me/?TPVJA733

2. Mason Youngblood on March 25, 2017 at 12:32 pm

For seven years Republicans refused to work with Obama. For seven years they talked like they had a better plan. They had seven years to tweak that plan, iron out any flaws in the plan, etc. Seven years later they control the White House and Congress and the “so-called plan” falls through…you know why..THEY NEVER HAD A PLAN FOR HEALTHCARE FROM THE START! They only made the last seven years difficult for Obama because the only plan they had was a plan for power. Well, they got it now and can’t do s#!+ with it.