Photo credit: karen roach / Shutterstock.com

Let’s be honest — regardless of the state of the economy, it’s always good to have a side hustle. Many Americans are finding it necessary to have an extra source of income to keep up with the increasing cost of living. There are many different “side hustles” that one can indulge in to increase their extra cash flow. Whether you are a parent or college student, here are eight side hustles that are guaranteed to add a little cash to your stash.

Amazon or eBay seller

If you are familiar with these two platforms, then you know people love to shop online and find bargains. These platforms have been around for years and one can find pretty much everything with just a quick search. All of your unwanted items that are taking up space in the closet or garage can be sold for a quick profit.

Become an online coach

People will pay to be taught — put another way, people will pay to learn how to get paid! If you are good at something, then use your knowledge to increase your net worth. Knowledge and skill are power and the key to making “your passion, your paycheck.”

Sell your photos online

If you are into photography, then understand that people will pay you for your work. Websites like Shutterstock, Fotolia, and Bigstockphoto provide a platform for photographers to submit their images for others to pay for usage. There are many out there that will pay for quality images because visuals are vital. The great thing about this platform is that if done right, it can provide one with residual income.

Virtual assistant

Assistance is something that every person in business needs whether in the physical form or remotely. With the technological advances we have had over the last few years, people are able to hire virtual assistances to help with various tasks. How do you find jobs?. Well, there are platforms out there that not only can provide jobs but also can help people find you for jobs. Upwork is a website that allows people to search for services from individuals ranging from customer service, writing to website design and more. Upwork takes a small 10 percent fee but leaves you with the remaining 90 percent.

Catering

Who doesn’t love great food? If you love to cook and don’t mind cooking for others — why not get paid for delicious dishes? The great thing about this side hustle is — if done right, it can turn into a full-time job.

Rent-a-Friend

You can actually get paid to be someone’s friend for a few hours. Think about it — maybe someone is new to a city and just wants to have a good time on the town for a few hours. Pay can range from $20 to $50 per hour based on the person working part time or full time. The friendship is platonic, so if you enjoy going out and meeting new people — why not get paid to do it!

Rent out your car

This will vary from person to person based on how many cars one has available to rent out to the general public. If you are going out of town for a long period of time or if you have a second car that is sitting idle — rent it out for a quick buck. This has become very popular through such platforms as Turo, which is a peer-to-peer car-sharing marketplace.

Task Rabbitt

Use Task Rabbitt to bring in extra cash by completing the tasks that others just don’t feel like doing. You can find tasks ranging from mounting televisions to the assembly of furniture to the simplest things like grocery shopping.

King Davis

God first and everything follows. Entrepreneur, business and brand manager. Holds a bachelor's in Business Management and a master's in Sports Marketing & Management. Currently set to take negotiation & finance courses at Harvard Business School this fall. Responsible for the branding and marketing of various individual brands and businesses. || [email protected]

  • NIGGAuKNOW!!!💪👊🏼

    Recommended!!!!🗣🎤🎤🎤🎤