First lady Vanessa Long remembers her late husband Bishop Eddie Long

vanessa-long

New Birth Missionary Baptist Church first lady Vanessa Long (courtesy)

Following her husband’s death, First Lady Elder Vanessa Long, New Birth Missionary Baptist Church leader Bishop Eddie Long’s wife of 27 years, offered these words, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution:

I am confidant through my belief in God that my husband is now resting in a better place. Although, his transition leaves a void for those of us who loved him dearly, we can celebrate and be happy for him, knowing he’s at peace.”

Vanessa led the Heart to Heart Women’s Ministry Conference at the church, whose mission “is to educate, encourage, equip and empower women in their journey toward the heart of God. We meet quarterly with featured guest speakers. Heart to Heart also serves as an umbrella for Women on the Path and Soul Survivor Cancer Support Group.”

On Dec. 2, 2011, Vanessa filed for divorce following accusations in 2010 against her husband of sexual misconduct with young males.

During a Heart to Heart Conference on August 21, 2012, she stated that during her struggle with the decision to divorce Long, she chose to stick by her husband’s side and remain the church’s first lady so she could share her experience and offer guidance to others.

“I was in the middle of a storm, and I got off the ship. I realized that the best thing I could do was to let you see me as a woman, just like you. A woman capable of making good decisions and a woman capable of making bad decisions.

“Instead of condemning myself, I can use what happened as an opportunity to minister myself to someone else going through a storm,” Long closes.

Vanessa and Eddie Long have four children (three sons: Edward, Jared and Eric and one daughter, Taylor Long).

1. Joann Hunter-Kemp on January 15, 2017 at 1:32 pm

My deepest condolences to First Lady Elder Vanessa Long.
    This life has ended for your husband, and so is his suffering. It’s a wonderful gift, that you know he is now celebrating with the angels in our Father GODS’ eternal realm of love. God Bless you with comfort and strength.

2. Peggy M Benson on January 15, 2017 at 4:54 pm

Sorry about your loss

• dick green on January 18, 2017 at 8:53 pm

Fuck her loss. She’s lucky old butt pirate Eddie didn’t give her da AIDS.

• Mike Gee on January 19, 2017 at 3:18 pm

im guessing u know all about AIDS from bangin trannies hunh snowball. How many dildos u own? Bet they are all black lololol

• dick green on January 19, 2017 at 4:52 pm

WORTHLESS BLACK BITCH and BASTARD HIV rates are off the charts. All STDs in fact. When you have such poor future time orientation and low impulse control a deadly disease just isn’t going to slow you down much.

3. Chuck on January 15, 2017 at 10:38 pm

Sorry about your loss. May Bishop’s soul rest in peace. Praying for everyone he left behind to grieve.

4. Vivian Sanchez on January 18, 2017 at 1:26 am

My condolences to you First Lady Vanessa Long and your family, friends and Church members… May Jehovah God be with you during your time of grieving… Bishop Eddie Long is resting now, I am totally praying for you and everyone that was close to Bishop… Love you Xoxo…

• dick green on January 18, 2017 at 8:54 pm

God hates nigger stupid. I don’t think he likes beaners either.

• Mike Gee on January 19, 2017 at 3:14 pm

you been ducking me snowball…im following your punk azz to every post to punch u in the throat with what you dishing. Funny how you run to other threads once i show up. You have used the same 3sentences on every post so im guessing you are pretty stupid and probably sex your mom and dogs daily. Sick inbred bastard. When did u speak to GOD? After hitting the meth pipe”? Lololol gtfoh opie

• dick green on January 19, 2017 at 4:45 pm

Typical nigger megalomania. I’m following whatever headline seems like it might need me to set it straight. You personally are of no consequence, it didn’t matter which particular WORTHLESS BLACK BITCH or BASTARD happens to be applying their third grade reading comprehension skills to it. This message is to your whole feces colored race collectively.

5. dick green on January 18, 2017 at 8:52 pm

First Lady? Of what? lol This old nigger woman is about as much as a first lady as her worthless black bastard gay husband was a bishop. What a joke.

• Mike Gee on January 19, 2017 at 3:16 pm

i think u would make a great first lady..u love dick so much its now your name. Bet u like them studs to give u golden showers like ya prez! Sick inbred saltine

• dick green on January 19, 2017 at 4:48 pm

Made up news by your lying jew masters. Glorious Leader takes power tomorrow to subjugate the mud people again. MAWA! (Make America White Again)