Chrisette Michele sends fiery response to Spike Lee

Photo Credit: Chrisette Michele's Instagram (@chrisettemichele)

Photo Credit: Chrisette Michele’s Instagram (@chrisettemichele)

Chrisette Michele has been in the hot seat with the Black community for days now after controversy erupted when it was discovered that she would perform at President Donald Trump’s inauguration ceremony. In the midst of the gargantuan backlash, Michele received a high-profile and public notification from famed director Spike Lee that he would not use her music in his upcoming Netflix project, adding further insult to the injury she was already receiving from her fans. Now, it looks like Michele is not only on the defense but on the offense, as well as she’s posting a scathing response to Lee.

As previously reported, Lee was planning to use Michele’s song “Black Girl Magic” in his upcoming Netflix series “She’s Gotta Have It.” However, after he found out that Michele would be performing at Trump’s inauguration, Lee went on Instagram and revealed that he would not use the singer’s music because she was performing for Trump.

“Good Morning Folks. I Wuz Sorry To Read That ‘Sistuh Girl’ Is Singin’ At DT’s Inauguration (And To Use His Fav Word-SAD). I Wuz Thinkin’ ’bout Using Chrisette’s Song- BLACK GIRL MAGIC In My Netflix Series SHE’S GOTTA HAVE IT…. NOT ANYMORE. And Dat’s Da Truth, Ruth,” Lee wrote.

Well, clearly Michele and her fiancé/manager aren’t happy about Lee’s decision because yesterday she reposted a message from her fiancé to Lee in which he writes “f— you” to the filmmaker.

chrisette-michele-spike-lee-response

Well, there are definitely no mincing words about this diss.

Sadly, we wish Michele was this publicly angry and upset about Trump’s racist, sexist, homophobic and xenophobic rhetoric, as well as his administration’s plans to strip away policies, resources and rights that would directly affect Black women, LGBT people and pretty much the majority of the people who make up Michele’s shrinking fan base. Perhaps then Lee and the thousands of fans who felt betrayed by her decision to perform at the inauguration would feel like Michele actually supported them and their lives as much as they’ve supported her career before this major let down. But it looks like losing a check from Lee is more infuriating than holding Trump and his administration accountable for their divisive and oppressive actions.

Tell us what you think of this controversy in the comments.

1. 750,000 on January 22, 2017 at 12:14 pm

It’s $750K people! $750k!

2. Sol Rothstein on January 22, 2017 at 12:52 pm

FUCK SPIKE LEE…

Nigga’s like him are why BLACK AMERICA has FAILED…too busy sucking the DEMOCRATIC Dick.

Stand on your PRINCIPLES and BUILD, not Beg !!!

• Truthful01 on January 22, 2017 at 1:58 pm

What the fuck do democrats have to do with anything? It’s about Trump.

• Sol Rothstein on January 22, 2017 at 3:05 pm

Black women only buy, WEED, WEAVE, WINGS, and SHOES

• pat wilson on January 22, 2017 at 3:40 pm

Oh and you just said anther stupid thing, I’m black and have a masters degree, I know the woman you are with are trailer park trash as you appear to be. I hope someone sees this who know you and whip your ignorant ass.

• Sol Rothstein on January 22, 2017 at 10:41 pm

Pat Wilson…

Let’s MAKE A DEAL — I will trade you fifty (50) BLACK WHORES for one (1) White GODDESS…Deal ???

You BLACK WHORES are no good, even with your MASTERS DEGREE you act like HOOD DIVA BITCHS….nobody wants that…

Black KINGS get yourself a WHITE GODDESS and leave these BLACK WHORES to Ghetto Gaggers…You cannot build with these no good bad seeded females…

Black women only reproduce BLACK BASTARDS and City Ape THUGS…

• Public_Programming on January 22, 2017 at 11:14 pm

U love black women that’s why you spend all your time trying to bash them.. Go drink an arsenic smoothie on ice broke bastard..

• CHESS on January 23, 2017 at 2:29 am

FUCK YOU SOL ROTHSTEIN YOUR JUST A FUCKING TRASHY ASS KKK MEMBER SUCK MY BIG BLACK DICK WHILE YOUR MOTHER RUBBING MY BALLS

• pat wilson on January 23, 2017 at 9:21 pm

You have been reported ass hole,

• Jazzbabe on January 25, 2017 at 4:26 am

For someone who has a Master’s degree, you certainly don’t express yourself as a learned individual .

• pat wilson on January 25, 2017 at 6:48 pm

That is your opinion, and it means nothing to me. Your response is very juvenile.

• pat wilson on January 25, 2017 at 6:51 pm

And because I don’t know you nor started the conversation with you, do not send me anymore of you ignorant response. I will not go back and forth with the likes of you.

• TiredOfStupidPeople on January 22, 2017 at 6:11 pm

Your mother is a black woman! You’ve seen her buy only these things and think it’s the norm. Stupid ass!

• Sol Rothstein on January 22, 2017 at 10:33 pm

Wrong answer…TRY AGAIN…

• Mason Youngblood on January 22, 2017 at 9:58 pm

I notice that you just come here and say dumb $#!+ simply for a reaction.

• Sol Rothstein on January 22, 2017 at 10:23 pm

Can you tell me ONE DUMB THING I said that was NOT TRUE ?!

Drops MIC…

BLACK WHORES are actually doing the shit I comment on…

• Mason Youngblood on January 23, 2017 at 9:01 pm

Lol. Baby comments

• Annye Gilliard on January 23, 2017 at 4:11 am

I’m a black woman Sol and you know nothing about me . I’m the woman you would love to have but you couldn’t, Why you
          ask because of your ignorance, no self respect and respect of others. I’ve never bought weed or weave. I won’t apologize for the black woman who broke your heart …

• Annye Gilliard on January 23, 2017 at 10:32 pm

Sol, I will not stoop to your level of ignorance. Why, because I’m an educated woman and my son is in The NBA and if you knew my real name you would die. I’m going to pray for you. Oh would your mother, sister or wife like a job as my housekeeper and your father, brother or yourself like a job as my chauffeur? The pay is really great…..?? I’m living the Good Life. Please continue to watch my son play basketball Have a Blessed night Sol. Love, A Baller’s Mother ?

• britishrose on January 25, 2017 at 9:55 pm

U GO GIRL ROTH really would clean a toilet good wit his big gay tongue he is a man . atlanta news paper? regular post female profile ? hes a man a real angry desperate one . real lonely no job loner old dude too tranny

• Truthful01 on January 23, 2017 at 8:27 am

Are you OK?

• pat wilson on January 22, 2017 at 3:38 pm

You are so stupid I hope that she doesn’t listen to your broke, uneducated ignorant self.

• Sol Rothstein on January 22, 2017 at 10:41 pm

SHUT UP….

• pat wilson on January 23, 2017 at 9:16 pm

I will make sure I show this to my people, let’s see what happen then idiot. I suggest you never email me again or else

• Annye Gilliard on January 23, 2017 at 3:54 am

Sol, Why would you write about yourself ? Are you that unhappy with your life. Act your age, not your shoe size. !!!

3. MEGB7421 on January 22, 2017 at 2:56 pm

Don’t her family have some Disconnect Issues?I’m not trying to be Mean or anything, but with the medical issues they suffer with they will most definitely fell the Effects of the Health Care crises we will be facing next week.

4. Sherri Etienne on January 22, 2017 at 3:03 pm

In the immortal words of Ice Cube as he left NWA, “I’d rather be broke than to get flucked”… After taxes that $750K and her couple of forever’s are considerably reduced so, a bvtch better budget. Plus, I’m sure Steve Harvey, Ray Lewis, Jim Brown, Omarosa, oh and Stacey Dash got her back. And then she performed for what, a president nobody likes or respects and about 100 people? Bwhahahahaha!!! SMH! She just proved he could call her any and everything except what her mama named her and for a dollar she would hop on one leg and bark like a good dog. Now sit ooboo, sit…

5. Womn Tó Womnpresents on January 22, 2017 at 3:05 pm

Thanks @biggs4k!!!
    @spikelee blacks always thinking about and never doing. Thinking about using her music doesn’t put food in the table. STFU.
    @chrisettem you’ve done nothing wrong. Sure hoping folks don’t carry on like this for the next 3 yrs 363 more days. smh

• Africa Wallace on January 22, 2017 at 7:44 pm

he was thinking about putting her in the ticket… Trump organization all ready did!!
      We so quick to judge, but last time i checked royalty checks wasn’t paying $700k a month!!

6. Betty-B on January 22, 2017 at 4:19 pm

Play your music on his Netflix, really, take the money

7. Betty-B on January 22, 2017 at 4:24 pm

Amazing, so many people hate Trump, but he won. Get over it, live ur lives

8. Sherri Etienne on January 22, 2017 at 7:41 pm

Questlove offered to pay her “not” to perform so she had options she simply chose the low road. More power to her. Im sure she’ll survive, not like she was that popular anyway…

9. Africa Wallace on January 22, 2017 at 7:45 pm

he was thinking about putting her on the ticket… Trump organization all ready did!!
    Don’t be so quick to judge, last time i checked royalty checks wasn’t paying $700k a month!!

10. SayuriEra on January 22, 2017 at 9:30 pm

Artists perform and should keep their politics to themselves. That is what this artist did and I applaud her for not bending to intolerance. This is America and you are supposed to be able to choose your own path. How dare he black ball her because of his politics. Democrats and liberals should take a hard look at what they are doing and what they are putting out into the world. There is no question that media is subjective and controversy generates sales. I will buy her music because of her talent.

11. Vaughnj TheChameleon on January 23, 2017 at 12:12 am

DRAMA…DRAMA..DrAmA..Don’t matter Rich and or Famous. Real is REAL,

12. OhMyGODNo on January 23, 2017 at 9:28 am

I don’t understand why people want to entertain some of these silly comments from keyboard racists. If you ignore an idiot long enough he’ll go away.

13. dick green on January 23, 2017 at 10:16 am

I’ll stick my dick in her mouth and send a fiery response down her throat, I bet the WORTHLESS BLACK BITCH will like that.

14. Lenny on January 23, 2017 at 11:31 am

Spike Lee is the true closed minded one here. Kinda the reverse McCarthyism. If she gonna sing for the pres, I’m gonna blackball her. Libs r the true intolerant ones.

15. V.Smith on January 24, 2017 at 1:05 pm

I have every album chrisette Michele made. I’m finished with her from now on. I’ve supported her from the beginning but I guess she doesn’t have the same responsibility to her supporters. There are many wonderful female black singers out there that support the causes of today’s women. My time and money will go to them because I have a responsibility to the next generation. We are successfully moving forwards without her ideas and lack of compassion for the struggle. I will teach my children and grandchildren that they do have a choice who they support. The sound of someone’s voice and or the beats isn’t the only thing you should look for when supporting an artist. Look at what they stand for. Look at what they speak up about. See if they give back. Remember, there is always going to be the another performer. This young woman is invisible to me now. I wish her well. Sometimes being quiet is louder than screaming.

16. Digital Brat on January 24, 2017 at 1:34 pm

It was $75K not $750K…get facts right before you show your sellout azz ways! It’s about integrity. N*ggas still being bought to sell out….damn. SMH

17. mandrake dilfred on January 25, 2017 at 2:38 pm