Sheila Eldridge, president and CEO
Miles Ahead Entertainment & Broadcasting
What is the mission of your organization?
Just as the name states, Miles Ahead Entertainment strives to stay ‘miles ahead’ of current trends and on the forefront of broadcast and marketing integration strategies by providing clients with a unique offering of traditional and technological access to address the needs of specific multicultural audiences and new markets.
Our broadcast subsidiary Miles Ahead Broadcasting was created to be a vehicle that counters the continuing negative images of women in the media and provide quality programming designed to empower women. It is the only nationally syndicated show created exclusively by and for ‘Women of Color.’ She’s enjoying major success in New York, Chicago, Atlanta, Washington, DC and Boston to name a few by becoming a destination point for solid entertainment and crucial information that meets women where ever they are via radio, satellite, internet and events.
What are the top three benefits of your doing business with your agency?
We provide personalized attention to our clients that begins with:
• Innovative strategies and tactics designed to tap directly into the lifestyle and beliefs of the targeted consumer with seamless integration.
• Our vast experience in media, advertising, marketing, special events, sponsorship and emerging digital technology enable us to create consistent brand messaging with a greater impact on preference, awareness and ultimately sales.
• We have established relationships with key influencers that include celebrities, media, sports, corporations and philanthropic and nonprofit organizations.
How do you approach business challenges?
The biggest obstacle any entrepreneur faces is access to capital and being a woman makes it even tougher. Staying resourceful, practicing conservative business operations and knowing this is a “team sport” business … your greatest resource is your staff, building a strong team is the way I’ve forged through. I can’t express how important a motivated team is to business success.
We always work to integrate a community initiative into our campaigns, serving as bridge for corporate support and the community. We create programs that serve as a ‘win-win’ for all, thus enabling repeat and ongoing initiatives.
What are the two key factors for business successes?
• My mantra is “Networking works!” As a proud Howard University alumna, we have maintained an informal network that actually has been instrumental in my firm’s growth over the years.
• It’s essential to attend conferences in a cross section of disciplines that foster contact with other industry professionals that have like-minded objectives to develop networks and partnerships.
• Stay committed to something more than making money.
What do you want to be your legacy both professional and personally?
My legacy can be summed up with the four mantras I put to the test in every decision made;
- Passion gotta have it;
- Focus, like a laser;
- Persistence, behind every NO is a YES; and
- Luck; where “preparation meets opportunity”.
- Every failure is a stepping stone toward your next endeavor.
For more information, please visit www.milesaheadentertainment.com.