Rapper Blac Youngsta is scheduled to stand trial on weapons charges early next month. The trial, scheduled for Feb. 6 in Mecklenburg County Criminal Superior Court (North Carolina), comes nearly two years after police said 100 bullets were fired in uptown Charlotte near the end of the 2017 CIAA men’s and women’s college basketball tournament.
The Memphis, Tennessee, rapper is charged with five counts of discharging a weapon into an occupied dwelling/moving vehicle and one count of conspiracy to commit discharging a firearm into an occupied dwelling, court records show.
The rumored target was Young Dolph, another Memphis-based rapper who has a contentious relationship with Youngsta. He was in Charlotte that night for an unofficial CIAA party at Cameo Charlotte nightclub.
Dolph, tweeted, “You lose” next to a thumbs down, and laughing-so-hard-I’m-crying emoji less than 18 hours after the shootout. He later bragged that the black SUV he was riding in at the time had been custom-bulletproofed for $300K.
😂😂……….👎🏾 YOU LOSE😂
— Paper Route Frank (@YoungDolph) May 19, 2017
When asked at the time by XXL who he thought targeted him, Dolph said, “I got no clue. I really don’t even give a damn.”
“I’ve been a target … to people that I intimidate, know what I’m saying?” he told XXL. “So, [the] only thing that I can do is take this s— and keep going. … The more I live, the bigger and greater I’m [going to] get. … The haters and the negativity, that s— gonna get bigger too, you know what I mean? But, at the end of the day, man, I’m good.”